Chapter 17

Kendall woke up the next morning with a smile on her face as the sun bled through the spaces in the blinds that hung over the windows. Snuggling closer to Brayden, she let her head rest on his firm chest as she aimlessly let her fingertips lazily glide over his skin.

"Hmph,"

Kendall giggled softly as Brayden's arm tightly fastened itself around Kendall's waist. "Sorry," she apologized as his lips softly grazed her temple. "Did I wake you?"

Brayden's eyes slowly opened and his lips curled up in a lazy half-smile. "No," he yawned before attempting to rub the sleep from his eyes. Brayden's arms loosened their grip on Kendall's waist only to be replaced by the gentle grasp of his hands. "How are you feeling?"

"Good," the smile on her face said it all.

Brayden brushed a strand of her sandy blonde hair that hung over her shoulder back before gently pulling her down so that their chests were pressed against one another's.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?"

Kendall's cheeks flushed a light shade of pink. Brayden's hands slowly traveled up from the indent of Kendall's waist to her face. His thumbs slowly ran across both her rosy-pink cheeks before his lips crashed onto hers. As their lips molded together in perfect sync with one another, Brayden slowly rolled Kendall onto her back. His hands planted themselves firmly on both sides of her head as he hovered over her.

Kendall's hands slowly moved up toward her head and snuck them under Brayden's intertwining their fingers together.  

Looking down at her, Brayden felt his heart pull in his chest looking at the beautiful girl lying underneath him. Her hair was fanned out over the pillows, her cheeks were tinted a soft shade of pink, and her now stormy blue eyes sparkled up at him.

In a moment of weakness, Brayden spoke the three words he'd been waiting to say to her again since the first time she said those words to him. "I love you."

Kendall's heart fluttered in her chest remembering back to the first time just a month earlier when she first said "I love you" to Brayden. It felt right then and hearing Brayden say it just then made it feel that much better.

"I love you too, Brayden."

Brayden let go of one of her hands to reach over into the nightstand to retrieve a condom. She watched him intently and saw his facial expression falter slightly. Kendall knew Brayden wanted nothing more than to have another baby with her and that was something that had been lingering in the back of her mind ever since they had that conversation back at his parents' house. Reaching up to cup the side of his face, she made him look at her.

When his eyes met hers she gasped at the menacing blue color that had clouded over his usual bright baby blues. All thoughts and words she wanted to say to him left her mind when he slowly eased himself into her slick core, stealing all the air from her lungs along with all of her ability to function.

It was like her entire body turned into a measly heap of putty as Brayden set a slow, steady rhythm to which Kendall quickly wanted to change. Lifting her hips off the mattress, she wanted to urge Brayden to quicken his pace to which he answered with a passionate kiss. A moan reverberated from his chest when Kendall caught his bottom lip between her teeth, giving it a firm tug. His lips curled into a smile when he felt her leg move further up his side before she used all her might to roll them over.

Bracing her hands against his muscular thighs, Kendall sucked in a breath as soon as she felt Brayden's fingertips trace the faint scar that was a result from the Caesarean section she had when she had Liam.  

"Beautiful," he told her, tracing the scar softly with the pads of his fingers.

Kendall physically shuddered at the tenderness of his touch that sent shivers up and down her spine.

"Bray," she whimpered as his hands traveled down her torso, passed her belly button, and further south to the one spot she desperately needed him. Her eyes immediately shut and her head fell back feeling his thumb slowly massage her clit. Kendall continued to roll her hips slowly feeling her walls clench around Brayden's length. Her teeth bit down into her plump bottom lip as her and Brayden's eyes locked. "Fu –" she moved her hands from his thighs and braced them against his chest relishing the feeling of the different angle. Kendall could feel Brayden's fingers dig into the flesh of her sides that was painful yet erotic that it brought her that much closer to the edge.

"Kendall – fuck baby!"

All at once, Kendall came undone at the seams as her nails dug into Brayden's chest as she clutched on for dear life. Her orgasm hit her in waves as the collapsed on top of Brayden in a quivering heap. Brayden shortly followed her over the edge, wrapping his arms around her still-shaking body. His lips brushed her temple as their bodies laid tangled up in the sheets, covered in a thin film of sweat.

They laid together, a tangled mess of limbs and sheets in a comfortable silence. Kendall rested her hands on his chest and her chin over top of them as she gazed up at Brayden. His hands ran up and down her sides, rubbing soothing circles over the curves of her hips where he had left some bruises.

"I think I'm ready." she quietly mumbled to herself not thinking that Brayden would hear her.

"For round two?"

She giggled softly and shook her head. Taking in a shaky breath she leaned up on her elbows so she could look him in the eyes. "I'm ready to start trying again." She said with more confidence.

"Kendall,"

She pressed her finger to his lips to silence him. "I know you think I'm saying this because I know you want kids, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. The first time was an accident, but it was something that changed my life and I know having Liam changed your life too. I was scared the first time because I was pretty much alone, but this time –"

"You're not alone. You have me," he assured her. "And I don't plan on going anywhere."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I really can't said "I'M SO, SO SORRY" enough. It's been probably about three months since I've updated this story and I get comments every now and then asking me to update or when I'll update next and I feel really bad when I look back at those and I see that it's been a month since I've responded. It's not my intention to get anyone's hopes up about posting an update and then it's been three months...

So to fill everyone in, here's what's been going on:

1.      I started my sophomore year of college – I'm a nursing major and the course load this year is really demanding. This is one of the factors that keeps me from updating as much as I would like to.

2.      My roommate and I are always together because we're both nursing majors and that means I have literally no time to update. I love my roommate and everything, but I can't write with someone looking over my shoulder asking what I'm doing because they probably wouldn't understand my love for writing fanfiction about hockey players haha.

3.      I have been trying to get my life together as best I could since I got here because it seems that this year I have been making questionable choices that seem to come back to bite me in the ass and it's got me in this weird funk.

4.      Overall, I'm hoping that I can climb out of this rut and start getting updates up onto Wattpad more often.

Lastly, I'd like to thank those of you who comment or send me messages. I like getting comments on my stories even if it's just one of those "plz update" comments. They honestly just make my day that much better and I can't thank you guys enough. Also, my story's gotten 13,000 reads?! You guys seriously rock! I love you all!