Chapter 11

Kendall cradled Liam as he peacefully slept in her arms. After the slight blowup between her and Brayden, she decided that maybe she overstayed her welcome in Philadelphia and she was ready to go home. Although Hayley tried to convince her to stay longer to patch things up with Brayden, Kendall wasn't having any of it. Brayden had a lot more growing up to do. He had to grow out of the high school relationship he was still in with Kelsey and he had to mature.

"Kens, sweetie, how was your flight?"

Kendall turned around at the sound of her mother's voice. A grateful smile spread across her lips as she handed Liam over to his grandmother.

"Hey mom," she grabbed the handle of her suitcase.

"The flight was good?" her mother as again.

She nodded. "It was fine. I'm just happy to be home." she admitted sheepishly.

"Your father and I are glad you're home."

"I can imagine." Kendall and her mother walked toward the pick-up area outside where her father was waiting by the car.

"There they are!" Kendall smiled as her dad pulled her into a tight embrace. Words couldn't describe how good it felt to be home and see familiar faces.

"Daddy!" she squealed happily as he picked her up off the ground slightly.

"How's my future center doing?" he asked taking Liam in his arms.

Liam was still fast asleep, his head resting in the crook of Kendall's father's neck. "Dad, he can hardly walk. I'm not putting skates on him until he's four or five."

He laughed. "Sweetie, you got to start 'em early."

Kendall and her mother rolled their eyes as they strapped Liam into the spare car seat they kept for occasions like this. "Let's just take it one day at a time." her mother said before slipping into the front passenger's seat.

Kendall silently laughed as she took the back seat next to Liam. Looking out the window, she watched as cars zoomed by as her father pulled the car out into the bustling airport traffic. As city lights flew by her window in a bright blur, she couldn't help but wonder what was going on in Philadelphia. The only person who knew of her departure was Hayley and God only knows how long before she told Sean and Sean told Brayden.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Brayden burst through the door of Sean's room after being let in by Danny. "Sean!" he exclaimed as the door hit the wall causing Sean to roll off of Hayley and onto the floor with the sudden interrupting.

Hayley quickly crossed her arms over her chest before clearing her throat. She was still dressed but it didn't take away from the slight mortification she was feeling.

"Hey Brayden," she greeted him quietly.

"What do you want, Brayden?" Sean grumbled as he got up off the floor before sitting on the edge of his bed next to Hayley.

"Where's Kendall? I went over to her apartment to apologize and I found it completely deserted."

Hayley bit her lip. She promised Kendall that she wouldn't tell him about her leaving and taking Liam back home with her, but it was inevitable that eventually Brayden would've found out.

"Hayley, do you know where she is?"

Hayley met Brayden's concerned eyes and she had to squeeze her eyes shut and let out a heavy sigh. Kendall was her friend, but what she was doing was immature. Kendall ran away from her problems. She ran away from Brayden – Liam's father – and there was no way she would be able to live with herself unless she told Brayden the truth.