Chapter 19

"You can't be the one that's nervous," Brayden stated as he pulled Liam from his car seat. "If anyone should be nervous, it should be me." He lightly joked leaning down to kiss Kendall on her temple.

"If you were there when I told my parents that I was pregnant, you would understand why I'm nervous." She sighed. "And no I'm not pregnant, but telling them that we are trying to get pregnant again...they might not like that idea."

"I know, baby." He reached down and grabbed Kendall's shaking hand with his while he cradled Liam in his other arm. "We'll get through this together, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded as they walked hand-in-hand up the driveway of her parents' house.

"Mom? Dad?" Kendall called into the big, quiet house as Brayden set Liam down on his own two feet.

"Hey sweetie," Kendall's mom appeared wiping her hands off with a towel. "And hello handsome." She cooed at Liam who already had his tiny hand wrapped around the tiny hockey stick Brayden's dad had cut down for him. "How are you?" she looked at Brayden with a warm smile.

Brayden squeezed Kendall's hand as a form of reassurance as he said, "I've been great. Just getting settled in after the season ended."

"Good," she smiled. "Are you two hungry? Kendall's father has steaks cooking on the grill."

"I'm going to see if he needs help." Brayden leaned down and kissed Kendall's temple again before excusing himself and walking out toward the backyard to help Kendall's dad who was grilling on the deck.

"You were surprisingly sweet," Kendall stated as they walked into the kitchen.

"Why wouldn't I be?" her mother insisted. "You called last night saying you two wanted to talk to us and your father and I have an idea of what to expect."

"You know, I know this isn't the life you expected for me, but I can honestly tell you that I'm the happiest I've been in a while." She confidently stated to her mother.

"I know and that's why I've been so 'surprisingly sweet.'" Kendall's mother chuckled. "I know at first that your father and I weren't very fond of Brayden, but I think you two are good together."

"Thanks mom," Kendall lets out a sigh of relief knowing that the hardest part was over.

"Who's ready to eat?" Kendall's father came in from the outside with a big smile on his face as he carried a large tray of finely cooked steaks to the table.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"That was nice of your parents to take Liam for the weekend." Brayden said as he and Kendall made their way down the hall toward his apartment.

"Yeah, I think they miss having him around. I lived with them up until now so they don't get their daily dose of Liam that they need so much." She giggled softly finally feeling at ease knowing that both sets of parents and families knew their future plans.

"Speaking of daily doses," Brayden's lips planted soft kisses on Kendall's neck as she worked on undoing the lock to the apartment they now shared together. "I miss getting my daily dose of you." He whispered into her ear making her physically shiver under his touch.

"Brayden," she moaned while trying to concentrate on getting the door open.

"Yes baby," he answered sweetly, his hands traveling down her body until they rested on her hips.

Kendall worked the lock quickly before pushing the door to the apartment wide open. "Get inside. Now." She quickly breathed as she quickly pulled her top over her head. Brayden smirked as he walked into the apartment, kicking the door closed behind him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, so, so, sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time! School has been really crazy and in all honesty I lost motivation to update this story. It wasn't until I re-read this story that I found a little motivation to write a little something to hold you guys over. I know it's not the greatest of updates and it's not that long, but I will post another update soon I promise!