Chapter 13

"Kendall, you did not tell him that you love him!" Hayley asked in disbelief. "I know you two have been spending a lot of time together for the past few months, but you only know him as Liam's father."

Kendall bit her lip. "I don't know why I said it, but it felt right to say." she waited for Hayley to say something but she could hear her quietly talking with someone else in the background. "Are you with Sean?"

"Hey Kendall," Sean's voice was the next voice she heard.

"Sorry, was I interrupting something?" she suppressed a laugh. From what Hayley told her before she left for Saskatoon, they always got interrupted before they could even get each other out of their clothes. She felt bad that she inadvertently hopped of the cock-blocking train that everyone in the Flyers organization seemed to be on.

"Yes," As soon as the word left his mouth, she heard Hayley protest in the background no doubt trying to get her phone back from the six-foot-four-inch giant.

"Kendall, hey, sorry about that."

Kendall laughed as she heard Sean groan in the background. "No, I should probably be the one who's sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Please, as soon as you hang up the phone I'm going to jump him before anyone else can interrupt us. But back to what we were talking about before. I just – I just want you to be careful. Brayden is obviously a good guy, but I worry that Kelsey will never get over the fact that he chose you over her."

"Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself and I can surely handle Kelsey."

"I know you can." Hayley giggled on the other end of the line and Kendall knew that this talk was officially over.

"Well, I'm going to let you two go at it and I will be in touch." Kendall said quickly before hanging up the phone so she didn't have to hear anything that she couldn't unhear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Brayden anxiously waited in the driveway of Kendall's parents' house. After an hour of convincing and pleading, he managed to get Kendall to agree to bring Liam to meet his family. Once he got home to Saskatoon, he couldn't keep Liam quiet anymore. He figured his parents deserved to know that they had a grandson – and a pretty awesome one at that.

"Hey," Brayden smiled when he saw Kendall approaching the truck with Liam on her hip. As soon as she was within arm's length, he wrapped his arm around her waist and placed a quick kiss to her lips.

"Hey yourself," she smiled as Liam reached out for his father.

"You ready?" he asked as he buckled Liam into the car seat he picked up once he got back.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Kendall confessed nervously.

"If anything, you shouldn't be worried. My parents are excited to meet their first grandchild." he said as he placed his hands on her hips.

Kendall bit her lip as she looked up into Brayden's eyes. "It's not just about your parents. I think we need to talk about the other night." her bright blue eyes sparkled as they looked into his.

He nodded knowing exactly what Kendall wanted to talk about. "We can talk about it later." Brayden cupped Kendall's face in his hands before placing another kiss on her lips.

"Okay," she said quietly before allowing Brayden to open the door to his truck for her.

The car ride was pretty much silent for the most part, but it was a comfortable silence. The only sound came from the faint sound of the radio playing on some country station.