Earth Girl

June 7-Smallville, Kansas

You laid next to Clark as the sun shined through the curtains. He pressed his chest to your back and wrapped his arm around your waist.

"Good morning."

"Morning." You yawned.

He rested his head in the crevice of your neck and kissed you. You turned over and laid on your back. He hovered over you and continued to kiss you. You slid your hands under his shirt and caressed his bare skin. Your touch sent shivers down his spine and he deepened the kiss.

"Oh, Rao!" You heard from downstairs.

"What was that?"

"Kara."

The sound of repeated beeping followed soon after. You should smell smoke coming from the kitchen.

"Oh, shit."

You both quickly got up and ran downstairs. Kara was standing over the smoking skillet spraying it with her freeze breath. The smoke alarm went off and the smoke cleared from the room.

"Care to explain?" Her cousin asked.

"I tried to make breakfast for you all. I thought it would be a nice surprise."

"Do you even know how to work a stove?"

"I guess not." She nervously smiled. "I am sorry."

"It's okay, Kara." Clark told her as he began cleaning up the mess. "Accidents happen."

"Why don't I teach you how to make breakfast?" You suggested.

"Great idea, honey. I'll go wake up the kids." He smiled and went upstairs.

Kara sighed and sat down at the table. You pulled out a chair and sat across from her.

"Hey, don't worry about the food. We all make mistakes."

"It's not just that. I haven't had a family in a long time. But now, I have you guys. I don't want to mess that up."

"You won't mess it up. That's not how family works. We're going to be there for you no matter what."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Always." You smiled. "Hey, why don't we go out for coffee after breakfast? Just us girls."

"Coffee?"

"It's essential to life, trust me. There's a cafe in the mall."

"What is a mall?"

"Only the coolest thing ever. You'll love it."

You paid for your coffee and handed Kara her cup as you began to walk around the mall. She slowly sipped the drink and smiled.

"This is amazing!"

"Told you." You laughed. 

"It is a bit cold."

"We can go back and ask them to heat it up."

"I can fix it!" 

She focused her eyes and red beams shot onto the cup. It began to steam by the time she was done.

"Kara!"

"What?"

You grabbed her hand and took her into a corner.

"You can't do that in public." You whispered. "You have to protect your identity."

"I apologize. I forgot. I am not used to being human."