The Fate Of The Planet

August 22-Metropolis, Delaware

"Just breath." Clark told you as you stood in the elevator.

"You think it worked?"

"Of course it worked. Bruce gets whatever he wants."

The doors opened and you walked into the crowded bullpen. Lois, Cat, and Jimmy were standing by the door to the conference room.

"What are we waiting for?" You asked.

"You're back!" Cat exclaimed as she hugged you.

"Oh thank God. I could not handle one more conversation about camera lenses."

"Hey, they're actually very interesting." Jimmy rebuttled

"Said literally no one ever."

"What's going on?" Clark asked.

"We saw all the paparazzi outside."

"Perry, Bruce, Morgan, and a sh*t ton of lawyers are in there as we speak." Lois told you. 

"Any idea which way this is swinging?"

"Bruce has better lawyers, better money, better odds." Jimmy said.

"But?"

"Morgan plays dirty."

"I can't take anymore of this." Lois said as she stood and and paced around the break room. "How long does it take to do this?"

"It's a legal process. It could take a few more hours, or it could take a few more months."

"Months? Oh, God."

You noticed a call coming through to your phone. You picked it up and put it on speaker.

"Hey, Sel. You're on speaker."

"Please tell us you know something so that Lois won't have a stroke." Clark said.

"Bruce just texted me. He said that they should be done soon."

"Finally."

The door to the conference room opened and you all shot up and ran in that direction.

"Amber. Clark. It's nice to see you back."

"Enough with the small talk. Tell us what we wanna know."

He looked and Bruce and smiled and nodded.

"Mr. Wayne saved us."

You smiled and hugged Clark in celebration. Morgan Edge walked out of the room a few moments later and made a b line for the elevator.

"That's right!" Lois shouted. "Get outta here!"

"How much did you donate to outdo Morgan Edge?" Jimmy asked.

"Dude!" Cat scolded him. "You don't ask rich people how much they spend!"

"That's alright." Bruce chuckled. "I actually didn't donate anything."

"What?" You asked.

"Mr. Wayne is now the owner of The Daily Planet."

"Bruce, you bought The Planet?" Clark asked.

"I wanted to make sure that nothing like this ever happened again. Consider it an anniversary gift." He smirked.

"So you're telling me that you're Clark's boss now?"

"Honey."

"That's hilariously ironic."

"I don't think it's that funny."

"Don't worry, Clark. Nothing's changed. We're still friends." He smiled as he placed his hand on his shoulder. "Just have those papers on my desk by Monday morning."

You all laughed and spent the rest of the day celebrating your new buyer.