Oh God, Miss You On My Lips

August 27-???,???

You slowly followed Clark as he led to to God knows where. The blindfold over your eyes while flying across the globe didn't exactly help with motion sickness.

"Are we there yet? I'd really like to get this bug out of my teeth."

"I told you not to open your mouth, honey." He led you into a restaurant and went up to the host. "Hi. 7:30 reservation for Kent."

"Right this way."

Clark led you to a table and helped you sit in the chair before taking off your blindfold.

"7:30?" You asked. "It was only noon when we left." You yawned. "And I'm so tired all of a sudden."

"Time zones will do that."

"Time zones? Clark, where the hell are we?"

"You know how you said you wanted to try that Italian place downtown?"

"Yeah..."

"I decided to take you to Venice instead."

"We're in Italy?"

"Surprise!"

"What about the kids?"

"They're fine. We've only been gone half an hour to them. Anthony and Cassie are watching them."

"This is so freaky."

"Do you want some water?"

"I need something a little stronger than that."

"Good thing this place is known for their wine then."

Clark held your hand as you stepped into the small boat. He got in after you and sat across from you.

"I've always wanted to do this." You smiled.

"I take it you're having fun then?"

"I'm having the best time. This is unlike anything I've ever experienced before."

"These stars are gorgeous, but they've got nothing on you."

You giggled and kissed his cheek.

"Best anniversary ever."

"Just wait until you see what I've got planned for your birthday."

"I'm excited and kinda scared."

He grabbed your hand and linked his fingers with yours.

"Thank you."

"For what?" You questioned.

"For being you. For being the best wife, mother, friend I could ask for."

"Thank you for loving me and putting up with my craziness."

"It's not hard to do."

"You're too sweet." You leaned forward and kissed him softly. "I miss being able to kiss you like this without being interrupted."

"Well, I booked a hotel. So, you can kiss me however much you want all night long."

"What about in the morning?"

"Especially in the morning."

 You walked into the hotel and kicked off your heels. He wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed you like he was afraid you'd run away. 

"You look amazing." He said breathlessly. "I love this dress on you."

"Kara picked it out."

"Remind me to send her a thank you text."

"Speaking of Kara, I was thinking about something your mother said."

"Maybe don't bring up my mother and my cousin when I'm trying to get you into bed."

"Just listen." You laughed. "She told me that raising you in Smallville was the best decision she ever made. And with Jon's powers, and Kara coming into her own, I was thinking..."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"We'd have to talk about it with Anthony and Cassie. And the boys have friends in Metropolis. We have friends Metropolis. But when we were down there, I felt this type of love that I had never experienced before."

"Are you sure this is what you want?"

"I want what's best for our family. Perry said that since we aren't on budget cuts anymore, he can actually afford to have remote reporters. And we can always go visit Anthony and Cassie, or Lois, Cat, and Jimmy. And our super friends can be anywhere they want with the snap of a finger."

"You wanna move to Smallville? Permanently?"

"I do. I really do."

He hugged you and kissed you gently. You smiled against his lips and glanced at him.

"Have I ever told you that you have gorgeous eyes?" You smiled.

"Once or twice."

"I love you, Clark Kent."

"I love you, Amber Walsh-Kent. Happy anniversary, honey."

"Happy anniversary, Superman."