1.

*be mindful this book will be told in first person*

Time: 12pm
Location: HQ (Headquarters) Chicago.

I was told to come to join task force 141 from my previous base, it was supposed to be some sort of "raise".

It was pretty dim, the meeting room. I looked around to see all type of computers and vests around the room.

"This must be where we get suited up" I thought to myself.

I hear the doors open as my higher ups entered the room and turn my attention towards them.

General Shepard: "Recruit. Good to see you were able to join our force."

I saluted him.

"Sir. It is my honor to be on the force" I replied.

"You will be joining us today for our mission. Of course you will not be led alone. Meet your Lieutenant."

I see Shepard step aside to reveal a man with a ghost mask with shades on. He looked quite intimidating with his tactical vest on.

Ghost: "With all due respect sir, she's a woman. You know most of our force are surrounded by men."

I didn't know whether to take it offensive or take it as he was looking out for my well being.

Shepard turned his attention to Ghost.

Shepard: "oh don't underestimate her Ghost, you should be aware this is the new commander."

I see Ghost turn towards me. He had shades on but it felt like his eyes were piercing through me.

Ghost: "welcome to the force."

His voice was even intense.

I stuck my hand out to shake his, he didn't return the action. I could tell it was going to be a long day.

Shepard: "Well then, as you know this mission is taking place a bit far from here. You will be escorted by our chopper to the missions location."

I nodded in agreement.

"Understood sir" I replied.

I hear Shepards footsteps trail out of the room. It was only me and Ghost left in the room.

I saw Ghost leaning his arms on the meeting table looking down onto the folder with papers indicating what our mission was on.

It felt tense in the room, it was silent. All you heard was the noise from the lightbulb vibrating.

"Rose" I said awkwardly breaking the silence.

Ghost turned his head towards me.

Ghost: "what" spoken with such a serious tone.

"My name, or well, callsign." I scoffed awkwardly.

Ghost looked back at the papers not even acknowledging what I said.

I stood there just waiting to be told when we were going to head out for our mission. I didn't want to make myself annoying as I already felt so I just stood quietly.

As 25 mins passed which felt like an eternity, me and Ghost head out of HQ on to the chopper.

Our mission was just beginning.