13.

*Knock knock*

I was woken up by soft knocks at my door, I check my phone to see the time was 2 am, who was knocking at this time? I walked towards the door and opened it, "ghost?.." my eyes widened, seeing him stand in his all-black pjs and of course, the mask over his face. His eyes met with mine, they looked glossy as if he was crying or was about to. "I'm sorry... I didn't know where else to go, commander, I.." his voice sounding soft and trembling, I stopped him mid-way and hugged him. I heard his breathing through his chest, his heart beating rapidly. "It's okay, you don't need to explain.." I said muffled as my face dug into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his back, I felt him as he laid his head on my shoulder. We stood in silence for a bit as we held each other, it felt nice. I slowly pulled myself away looking up at him, my eyes attached to his, I felt my cheeks warming up as I felt his breath on my face. "I'm sorry, I felt like you just needed that.. after today," I said shyly, stepping back. He lets out a soft chuckle, "It's okay Rose, I did need it.. that's kinda why I came here" he said with a low yet gentle voice. I noticed we were still in the hallway, "how rude of me, I'm sorry come in" I held the door open.

He walked in as I shut the door behind us, "Are you feeling okay, you know with .. Penelope?" I asked sympathetically. His eyebrows slightly furrowed and stood silent, I could tell he was bothered, he then spoke, "I'm okay, I just want to make those people pay, she's my younger sister, and seeing her like that—" he stopped looking down, "it breaks me.." clearing his throat sounding as if he was getting choked up but hiding it. I walk over to my bed and sat down leaving a space for Ghost, "wanna sit and talk about it?" I said softly patting the open spot, his eyes slightly creased as I knew he had a small smile underneath his mask and he sat down as he leaned forward with his arms resting on his knees, fidgeting with his hands. I softly placed my hands on his, "Ghost.. talk to me. I'm here to listen" I smiled warmly.

Ghost faces to look at me for a minute before he spoke, it sent me butterflies but not in a nervous way, more of an admiring sense. "Rose, I just didn't expect to see her, out of all the people in the world, they capture.. her. I just don't know how to act around her anymore since I haven't seen her in years. We used to be close until she switched bases, since then, we have not spoken, no contact whatsoever. I worried about her, sometimes thought she was dead.." he explained, as he spoke seeming confused but hurt, his voice filled with uncertainty but raspy as it broke in and out. I felt bad, I could tell he was affected by this. This is the side ghost kept hidden and I can tell why. "I'm so sorry ghost, I honestly can't imagine what this must feel like.." I laid my hand on his back, rubbing it slowly feeling every part of his toned back muscles. "How do you think she will react when she sees you?.. I know she was a bit unconscious when we.. found her" I said softly, I didn't want to pry too much as I know it isn't my business but, he mattered to me, regardless if he knew or not, I didn't like seeing him like this. I continued looking at him as he looked at his hands, he seemed to be thinking about his answer.

"I don't know.. and I think that's what scares me" he finally replies letting out a deep sigh, he then looks at me, "I don't know what to do." I tilt my head, slightly frowning as I can see he's lost, confused even. "Do your best, you know her more than anyone, I'm sure she will be happy to see her big brother again" I reassured, showing him that I was not judging him for being vulnerable around me. He lets out a slight chuckle, "I hope so ..." he stops, "but thank you, Rose, I needed this." He continued. Our moment felt so tender and genuine, I somehow felt closer to him emotionally.

Ghost then grabbed my hand, gripping it with a gentle touch. I look at him, my heart feeling like it was running 100 miles per hour, his touch electrified me as a warm feeling spread throughout my body. I wanted to kiss him badly, passionately. "Rose, there's another reason why I came here.." he says, snapping me out of my trance. Did he just say there was another reason? What could he have possibly come here for besides his sister? "Oh?.."  looking away as I became shy but nervous as to what he was going to say next. He looked as if he was nervous too, fidgeting once again, contemplating whether he should say it or not.

My anxiety starts rising more as my anticipation grows. What was he going to say?