25.

(Sorry for the long wait, loves! Life has been kicking my ass, hope this chapter does well!)
_________________

As I woke up, I felt the corners of my eyes crusted on the ends from dried-up tears. Everything was partially my fault; I also didn't think I needed to say anything until I was ready. Simon didn't see it that way, though. I wish he had. This mission isn't helping our situation either, partnering up with könig against my will. This should be... fun.

I checked my phone to check the time: 8:45 p.m. I grabbed my disguise and packed it in my duffle bag, along with my weapons. For now, I just had my full black jumpsuit with high combat boots along with my tactical gear. I knew it was still early, so I decided to head to the break room to munch on some food.

As I went in, I saw Price talking to Mactavish. Gaz was cooking dinner, and the scent of the pan hinted that it was chicken. Gaz knew how to cook? I then felt a pair of eyes on me; Soap looked concerned. Walking over, I mouthed, "I'm okay," letting out a fake small smile. He nodded and gave his attention back to Price.

I walked over to Gaz, "You never told me you knew how to cook," I nudged him. Gaz scoffs, "Oh please, Rose, I know how to do many things, just only when I'm in the mood to." I chuckled and then patted his shoulder, "Can't wait to try it." I walked over to Price and Soap; they had just finished their conversation. Price smiled warmly, "Rose, how are you holding up?" I sighed with a brief smile, "Definitely not ready for today's mission, but work is work." He placed his hand on my arm softly, "I'm sorry, but I know you will get the job done perfectly. I'm counting on you, Rose." I nodded understanding and looked at Soap, "And are you joining our mission today?" he nodded, "I'll be watching from a distance, extra backup if needed."

After 10 minutes or so, Gaz served us plates. It was chicken with a side of steamed vegetables covered in melted cheese. As we were in the middle of eating, Ghost walked in. He seemed to have returned to his old expressions, barely making contact, quiet and intimidating. I was playing with my food at this point, trying to seem unbothered, but I don't think I was hiding it quite well.
___________________

The time was now 9:45 pm. Fifteen minutes till we had to fly to our mission site. My nerves were all over the place as I dreaded doing this mission with könig. I grabbed my duffel bag and headed over to the helo pad. Reaching the helicopter, I saw könig sitting with ghost across. I saw an empty spot next to Price, so I sat beside him instead.

"Rose, as soon as we land, make sure to change; we can not risk getting caught," Price spoke. "Copy that, sir." Price motioned the pilot to take off to our mission site. König's eyes stood on me, looking me up and down. Ghost stood to himself, writing in his notepad; what did he keep there?

Finally, we reached our site. I took out my dress and mask; this was a significant mission. The guys get off the chopper and let me get dressed. The long dress left a frilly trail in the back and a deep v-cut down the middle, and I pinned my hair up. Since I did my makeup before leaving, I was good with that portion, and I put my black-laced mask over my eyes. I grabbed my knife and gun holsters and clipped them on, one on each leg.

I opened the door and revealed my disguise. I saw könig with his mask, of course, fully covering his face. Price had a holding stick mask, Ghost kept his same mask and just dressed in a suit, and damn did he look good. I stepped out of the chopper and walked up towards Price, and he handed me a discreet earpiece. "This is how we keep contact; remember, do not engage unless you get my command." I applied the clear earpiece and nodded, "Understood, sir."

Looking at Ghost, I saw he was already looking at me. His eyes scanned me with jealousy, and he looked away, his jaw clenched. I walked over to könig and looked at him, "Ready when you are." König extends his arm, signaling me to hold onto him. I wrapped my arm around him, and we walked into the large mansion.

As we entered, the music flowed in and out of my ears, classical harmony. Conversations were all over as the crowds went by. The lighting was slightly dim but calm. "Shall we get drinks, my love?" könig bowed down; he was enjoying this, of course. "You're lucky this is a mission," I gritted. He chuckled and grabbed my hand gently, heading down the long stairs ahead. With each step, I heard my heels click on the marble. The waiter then approached us with a tray, "Drinks, ma'am? sir?" we both nodded and took our glasses.

"Rose, locate the target. We need to know if Ghost is clear to move in." Price spoke on comms. Walking around, I saw a mask that stood out, a jester specifically. I kept my eyes on him as he walked past the crowds. He appeared to be in some Rush. The man conversed with security guards, "Esteban will be arriving soon; keep an eye out." I eavesdropped and kept my distance to maintain my cover. "Esteban is coming soon. Target located. He's going into a secluded room." I spoke in comms.

König, from a distance, kept an eye on me to ensure nothing happened. I motioned my eyes to the dance floor, "könig, dance floor; we need to keep our cover and cause a distraction." I whispered on comms. He nodded and met me halfway, resulting in us stopping dead center. We needed a distraction, so me and könig started dancing. Thousands of stares watched us as the limelight shined on our motions. Everyone formed a circle around us as we danced to the soft classical music.

"Bravo 5, you're clear to move in." Price talked in comms. "Roger that," Ghost said in a husk tone. As könig and I continued to dance, that's when I saw the man again, the jester. He was in the crowd watching. He had to be one of Esteban's henchmen; Ghost needed him. "Bravo 5, the target is not in the room; I repeat, he's not in the room," I spoke in comms, discreetly covering my mouth behind könig's towering figure. "Where is the target?" he asked with a firm tone. As könig went in for a dip, I glanced to where the jester man was, but he disappeared. As I got back up, my eyes widened.

I saw a man with the jester mask with a gun pointed behind könig.

*POW*