6.

A/n: I know it's slow but I promise it gets better or so I hope it does. I'm trying my best loves, xoxo.
_____________________
Good thing I was able to sleep in today as I had off until Ghost felt I was ready to join on more missions. As I still laid on my bed, I reach for my phone on the nightstand to check if I had any notifications. I turned on my phone as the time read 9:45am, I then see 2 messages from Soap and Gaz as they put me in a group chat with them.

Soap: Aye Rose, still up to that spar match? I know you're free for a bit, unless you're scared.

Gaz: I'm ready if you are ;)

I look at my phone grinning at their teasing, I finally replied.

R: Soap seems like you're the one scared threatening with such words. See you guys in 20."

I put my phone down as I got myself ready and headed over to the spar warehouse. I see Gaz and soap talking as they waited for me, I walk up to them and joined in their ongoing conversation. "Good morning boys" I said as I wrapped one arm around Soap the other on Gaz. I let out a smile "Let us Spar, shall we?" I added.

Soap looks at me with a smirk, "oh I'm gonna beat your pretty little arse Rose" as he folded his arms.

Me and Soap walk into the ring as Gaz watches on the sidelines, I could tell he was eager to see who was going to yield first. Soap locks eyes with me as he was shifting himself to focus and become more serious. I motion him to come at me first, Soap tries placing a punch as I dodge his hit and hit him in the stomach. He backs up, "that was practice, now for the real deal", not admitting he made a mistake on his end. I scoffed and repositioned myself to my starting stance.

Soap lunges towards me as he hits me in the side of my ribcage causing me to back up a bit, but as he tries to go for another hit, I dodge it moving to the side going behind him kicking his knees in. He falls onto his knees kicking his leg back to cause me to fall, but I already knew what coming so I stepped on his ankles as I folded his arm behind his back making him let out a light grunt. I put my knife against his throat with my free arm. "Looks like we see who kicked ass, huh?" I teased as I pressured his arm more giving a grin, Soap grunts as more pressure is applied.

"Yield Mactavish." I added on whispering in his ear. Soap tried his best to escape my hold on him but my grip just got tighter, he finally gives in.

"I yield..." he says groaning in slight pain. I let go of him and get my knife away from his throat. "Oh you're good" he said, soap gets up to straighten up his uniform and stretch. "Well now you know not to underestimate me." I hit his arm playfully.

I look over to Gaz, "up for a round sergeant?". Gaz stared at me with his eyes wide as he didn't expect me to beat Soap, he then blinks and shakes out of his trance. "Uh— no I uh just remembered I gotta rest my muscles, you know all the training from this week got me tired" he chuckled nervously, he tried playing it off but I saw right through his words. "Yeah, whatever you say Gaz" I laughed.

As we got ourselves situated to head out and eat breakfast, I look to see Ghost leaning on the door frame with his legs crossed and arms folded, as he observed silently.

Was he there the whole time? Wow, he really is everywhere.

I called out towards him, "Morning sir, hope we didn't disturb any plans. we were just heading out."' Gaz and Soap took notice of Ghost just standing there watching silently for a second, they both stood quite as I spoke. He then moves away from the door, "don't let me stop you" spoken with a serious tone.

Gaz and Soap walk out the door as I followed behind them. Before leaving I heard Ghost speak up loudly saying something. "Not bad by the way. You really whooped his arse out there, Rose." Ghost sounded almost amused yet firm, "You start in 5 days" he added.

Did I mention he had the most attractive English accent? It made it real hard for me to focus by the way he spoke. I always tended to get some sort of butterflies in my stomach, he made it hard to even be upset at him.

I let out a small smile and replied, "copy that sir, thank you." I finally left as I felt flustered, did he just compliment me? I caught up to the guys again.

Soap looks behind him as he saw me catch up to them, "what did the Lt want?" He asked as a sly grin comes across his face. "He just complimented on how I just whopped your ass soap" I replied as I let out a small laugh. Soap raised his eyebrows as he seemed confused with my response, "He complimented you?" I look at him sending the same look back, "Yeah, pretty weird considering how his demeanor is all the time. You think he's softening up?" Soap shrugged, "possibly, I guess we wait and see".

I look down at the ground pondering as we walked,  Gaz and Soap's conversation fading out by the second.

If Ghost was starting to see my real worth, I had a chance of staying in the force for sure. But he complimented me, that was new ..

"Hello?? Earth to rose?" Gaz waved his hands at my face. "Uh yeah, yeah I'm sorry I zoned out". Gaz let out a chuckle and so did Soap, "mate, you're gonna have to get used to that with Rose, that's about the second time it's happened" Soap teased. I rolled my eyes, "oh shut up Mactavish, at least I didn't get my ass handed to me in the ring" firing back playfully. His face straightened as I spoke, "That was luck, I'll beat you one day Rose, don't doubt me" defending himself. Me and Gaz laughed as we saw how defensive Soap was getting.
_______________________
As the day passed it was already 10 pm, everyone was having dinner in the break room.

Ghost was sitting on the couch reading a book as he drank his bourbon, Soap and Gaz were showing each other videos on TikTok while I was watching tv munching on some chips on the couch distanced from Ghost.

"So Lt, do you ever eat dinner or you starve yourself?" Joking nervously. He places a bookmark in his book and closes it settling it down on the table in front of him. He looks at me as his eyes don't seem hostile or tense, they seemed calm. He placed his arms on his knees and leaned forward. "I eat commander, just not around people I'm not comfortable with" he replied, his voice sounding raspy and deep. "Well, I'm gonna be here for awhile, I expect to see you to eat sir" I nudged him, he lets out a small grin, you couldn't see it but you could tell by the way his eyes slightly squinted under his mask.

As I finished up my snack I got up from the couch, I was getting tired since it was pretty late and I had to be prepared for anything that might happen tomorrow. I walk towards the door and looked back, "goodnight team see you in the AM" waving at anyone. "Night Rose" Soap replied, "sleep well mate" Gaz added, I smiled. "Night commander" Ghost said with a low tone.

I headed to my room as I thought about Ghost. He was speaking to me more and it just made me feel noticed. It's like I needed his attention to get approval of myself but I knew I shouldn't rely on that.

I hope he sees my worth, I just needed to prove I'm a good addition to the team and I plan to give it my all for sure.