8.

I walked over to my bag giddy, I loved dressing up whenever I had the chance to. I haven't really packed much as I was only here for a couple of months, I scavaged through my bag and found a black dress with lace as the top piece and a slit on the thigh, along with black tie up heels. I slip on the dress, it hugged every feature of my body perfectly, tight but not too tight. I head over to my bed and tied the strings up to the middle of calves, I already felt beautiful as my self confidence sky rocketed whenever I dressed up. Grabbing my makeup bag I head to the bathroom and do a light makeup routine, little bit of concealer to brighten up my brown eyes, white eyeliner on the waterline, mascara making my eyelashes look bold and to top it off, a dark red lipstick.

I stared at myself in the mirror letting out a small smile, I felt pretty for once. I felt different, but a good different. I head out to the break room to meet with the guys.

As I walked in, all eyes shifted to me, I wasn't used to this amount of attention but I am sure it was new for them seeing a woman dressed up.

Soap's eyes widened as he slowly put his beer down on the table, Price scanned me up and down looking like a father being protective of how I was going out, Gaz did a double take as he was on his phone scrolling through something. Then Ghost, he stared as he looked at me up and down inhaling sharply as his eyebrows lifted.

I laughed nervously, "I know I probably went overboard" I said looking down fidgeting with my hands, "You clean up well commander" soap spoke with a grin. I smiled as I looked up at him, I was about to reply until I got cut off suddenly, "watch it Mactavish" ghost hissed as he darted a glare. Why did he care what soap said, it was just a compliment. Soap put his hands up in defence "Alright mate, relax" he laughed going back to finishing his beer. Price finally spoke up, "Rose you look beautiful, now let's head out, we are splitting cars. One group with me another with Soap." as he put out his cigar on a ashtray.

We all headed outside splitting into our groups, I was with Soap and gaz as Ghost went with Price. Gaz opened the door for me, I sat in the passenger seat as Gaz sat in the back, "you sure you want to be back there? It's okay if I sit in the back" I turned my head insisting. "Rose, it's fine" he chuckled. "What was ghost's deal, eh?" Soap asked, I shrugged as I was just as confused, "I don't know, he's been different since yesterday." I wanted answers too, it was weird how quick he came at soap. "seems like someone is .. protective" Gaz added. I scoffed, "protective? Over me?" I arched an eyebrow, "suree" I laughed.

Ghost's Pov:

As we waited for Rose to meet us in the break room we were all having small talk to pass time. I heard the door open and as soon as I turned, I saw her. She looked stunning, her dark red hair flowing down her body, the dress complimented her curves. She looked nervous, I already knew the guys were going to act ridiculous and then here comes Mactavish slightly flirting with her.

"Watch it Mactavish" I darted my eyes straight at him. Jealously and protectiveness rised as I knew she wasn't mine but she was not available for others either.

Rose walked into the car with Gaz and Soap, they better not try anything with her. I hated that I was not with her, but it wasn't like I wasn't going to see her at the restaurant. I got in the car with price, he looked at me smirking, "sir?" I asked as I Arched an eyebrow up, why was he giving me that look? "Oh lieutenant, tsk tsk" he snickered shaking his head, "oh fuck off price, not one word to the guys" I said feeling slight embarrassment but serious. Price motions him locking his mouth, I smirked as my cheeks grew slight heat just thinking about Rose.

Rose's Pov:

We reached the restaurant as we saw price & ghost waiting up front. Me and Gaz got out of the car onto a busy sidewalk. The city lights were bright as people walked laughing and socializing with others. It felt nice to be out, I always admired nightlife, it just felt different being out and being free.

The car windows rolled down, "Aye, I'm going to find parking, don't wait up I'll find you guys" Soap said. We nodded and he drove off, "alright then my children, we have a reservation let's get to it" price claps his hands together. Price was such a dad, but it was cute, you can tell he cared for us. As we walked into the restaurant, we had a booth with some dim lighting, the type of calm lighting. Wine was already set out on the table with our utensils and plates set. The sweet jazz music flowed through my ears, it was such a beautiful ambience.

Taking our seats I sat at the end of the booth across from Ghost. I felt a pair of eyes on me, a familiar feeling, I look up to see ghost staring at me again scanning my face, I felt like he was talking with his eyes as if he was telling me "I want you now". Our contact broke as the server handed us our menus, "Welcome, please take your time looking at the menu. I will be back shortly" the server said politely. My cheeks felt as if they were flushing red as our moment felt how it did earlier in training. Ghost was intimidating only I found him more attractive as his brown eyes looked into mine.
___________________
After we finished eating at the restaurant, the guys wanted to keep the night going, well, except for
ghost, he wanted to go back to base but Price made him stay.

"Who is up for a bar with some friendly competition of pool games eh?" Soap was slightly already starting to slur his words, his Scottish accent becoming stronger as he spoke. "I'm down if you guys are" I grinned, Price and Gaz agreed but Ghost looked hesitant. "What's wrong ghost? Afraid I'll beat you?" I teased as I folded my arms, he looked at me letting out a small laugh "Rose you are one bold person you know that?". I shrugged my shoulders "I just like competition" I said with a slight seductive tone. I think the wine was definitely starting to creep in, how can I talk to him like that?! Ghost finally agrees as we head to the pub.

The pub was a good walking distance so we got there within 10 mins, the pub looked semi-busy but not many people were there. Price led us to the bar and ordered rounds for everyone, after waiting for about 3 mins we had our glasses in front of us. Soap lifted his glass up, signaling everyone to do the same, his eyes were low. Oh he was going to be fucked up by the end of the night. "To Rosee, the newest member to our family, love ya mate" he slurred slightly losing his balance as he stood. I smiled shyly and we clinked our classes together "Cheers!", we downed our shots. I cringed my face up as the burning sensation of liquor hit my throat, "phew! I'm gonna need more to get used to that" I laughed.
________________
It's been over an hour as we talked and shared stories, taking about 3 more shots after our first. My eyes were low as the liquor started affecting me. I didn't feel so good, I pointed to ghost drunkly "aye ghostie boy, let's have a talkk" as I dragged my words out. Ghost was the only one who wasn't as affected as the rest of us were, he looked at me as he huffed under his breath shaking his head. "Look who it iss, it's ghost!" I said swinging my arms around him using him as my balance rod, "Rose you need to get home, you're bloody drunk" his tone sounding serious but concerned. "Pshhh I'm okay, don't worryy" I giggled, shushing his mouth with my finger on his lips. "Alright, let's go you had enough" he said, low with a deep tone. He wrapped his arm around my waist as he supported my weight, I could not walk for shit.

My vision was in and out blurred and hazy, I could see bright lights as I stumbled steps. He walked me back to the car still supporting me, "oo such pretty lightss look ghost" I said pointing at a street lamp. "Yeah, it's beautiful Rose" as he played along sarcastically. I couldn't stop giggling, the liquor was definitely fucking me up. Ghost opened the car door and sat me gently in the passenger seat pulling the seat belt over me and closed the door. As he gets in the drivers seat he takes a second to look at my drunken state, his eyes concerned and gentle. He then looked at the wheel and started the engine, we were finally headed back to base.