We Only See Each Other At Weddings And Funerals

Diana sighed as she listened to everyone argue

She could care less about what they were arguing about, but the Kugelblitz had given her a headache, and Diego and Ben were doing nothing to help it.

"Hey!" Five yelled, also tired of everyone's shit. "You guys done? The universe is disappearing outside. So you can keep rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic if it makes you feel better. But the fact remains that we are too late."

"Five, come on." Luther said, ignoring Ben and Diego.

"It's over, Luther." He said again. "We failed."

Viktor sat up. "Come on. It can't be over over."

"Yeah, come on, Five. We gotta figure this out, man." Diego said.

"Okay." Five said, glaring at all of his siblings. "How about we take a step back? Look at the big picture here. Most of us have spent the last 28 days trying to stop the world from ending. What exactly have we accomplished?"

Everyone went quiet, looking at the ground. Luther spoke up, smiling at Sloane.

"Well, we made some friends along the way."

Five pointed at him. "Incorrect! You know what we've done? Nothing. We made things worse every single time."

"Amen to that." Allison mumbled.

Five sighed. "Look, when I went to the Commission, I had a conversation with my 100-year-old self. And some of my last words were, 'Don't save the world'."

"'Don't save the world'?" Viktor repeated.

"'Don't save the world'." Five repeated.

It was silent before Diego scoffed.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

"Is it?" Luther asked. "Well, whatever we're doing's not working. All we ever do is save the world for a day, pat ourselves on the back, and then everything goes to shit again."

"Yeah, maybe we're not the problem." Viktor said, quietly.

"Oh, it's not us."

"So, wait? Your big plan is...no plan?" Lila asked.

"Exactly." Five pointed at Lila. "Conscientious objection. Why the hell not? We've tried everything else. Look, maybe this is just what the universe needs. I say, embrace the apocalypse. See what's on the other side."

"What if it's...nothing?" Diana asked, her voice soft.

Five let out a soft breath, and said, "Then it's been nice knowing you all."

THE SHADOW || THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara