Chapter 2: Old memories, new friends

A few days after rescuing the shy and frightened woman known as Marina, Steven and Wallace never imagined her to be this so damn complicated, especially since they barely knew anything about her or the tragic events that led to this.

The only thing that Steven remembers was back when he frequently communicated with her parents, who told him a little bit about their daughter; Marina was a quiet, yet kind and bubbly girl who loved doing pokemon contests and was on her way to becoming a top coordinator.

But all of that came crashing down when her very first pokemon, Momo, a beautifly, was killed in a fire during her performance.

Because of this, Marina chose to quit and never ever wanted to raise Pokemon again. She utterly feared that if tried to raise another Pokemon, it would just get hurt again.

And in February 1999, a month prior to disappearing, Marina was more distant, spending ninety percent of her free time in her room and just ate snacks instead of eating meals at the table.

Then one day, Marina went to school and never returned, leaving the family in a state of despair after attempting to search for her.

And Steven, who became close to the family, was strongly determined to search every inch of the hoenn region to locate her and his adventure with Wallace refused to stop until the task was complete.

Now that Marina is here, safe and sound, things weren't going to be so easy. She still didn't communicate much or give the men any eye contact and spent most of the time in her bedroom, hiding away from them.

The only thing that Steven and Wallace actually managed to do was make her eat, even if it was just a little bit since they were relying on local restaurants and had very little vegan options.

She was difficult, sure, but both Steven and Wallace were very very patient, as they agreed to help the woman get back on her feet, no matter how long it took.

And the first big step was to go to bullseye to pick out new clothes, making sure they went as soon as it opened so Marina didn't have to face crowds.

Still, she was hesitant to enter the building. Her body shook again, twiddling her fingers.

"I-I don't know if I can d-do t-this."

"It's alright, Marina." Wallace said in a soothing tone, calming her nerves, "We came here super early so right now, it's just us."

Steven adds, "Wallace and I will make sure none of the employees talk to you. We'll keep you safe."

So they went inside and were hit with the buttery scent of popcorn coming from the cafe, almost making their mouths water.

Marina, feeling a sense of familiarity, reminisced on the days she used to visit this place with her family, whether it be buying new attire or just simply browsing the electronic center.

But there was no time for fonding over such memories or munching on snacks as the main focus for today was to pick up clothes and other necessities Marina needs and get out as soon as possible.

The first stop was the womens clothes aisle. Marina spots a pale pink tank top with a Milotic on it, with bright blue sweatpants to match. It was the last pair and luckily, it was in her size. She happily places it in the red cart.

"H-Here's my f-first outfit."

"Oooo, Milotic. Great choice." Wallace praised. "That's my favorite pokemon."

"M-Mine too." She smiled, coyly. "I-I umm, never had one but, I-I saw one on tv."

"If you want, I'll show you my Milotic later tonight. That is, if you're comfortable."