Chapter 18: Sootopolian Strong

When Marina finally arrived at Sootopolis city, more memories of her past started to flood into her mind. She remembered always visiting the city with her mother during the summer months to see her two aunts and Grandparents while taking a break from her contests duties. She would always go to the beach and swim laps around the ocean and go play at the most big, beautiful playground surrounded by flower beds of blue and white.

Marina would always remember the time she spent with basically the only extended family members that actually cared about her; Making crafts using seashells and pearls with her aunts to relieve the stress caused by practicing for upcoming contests, eating a lot of unusual and unique seafood (before going vegan) not found anywhere else in the region and sometimes getting stomach aches after overindulging, and thanks to her grandparents, Marina got to learn more about the history of this place and even got the privilege to learn the Sootopolian language every sunday until she became fluent.

Now that she's no longer in hiding, Marina really wants to see them again, but alas, that's not why she's here and the alarming amount of flooding and the emptiness of the town due to Wallace telling the residents to evacuate made it more obvious.

Marina, along with Steven, arrived near the cave of origin entrance. Their hair completely soaked in the icy cold rain that continued to violently pour.

Curious yet a bit shaky, Marina asks, "What's going on?"

Wallace then replies, "To put it simply, Kyogre is upset and somebody needs to go calm it down. I can't go in there, you see."

Marina understood that part. No legal resident of Sootopolis city isn't allowed to enter the cave of origin under any circumstances. If anyone did, they would get a five hundred dollar fine and depending on their actions, may face jail time.

"I can't go in there, either. Pokemon league policy." Steven adds.

"If neither of you two can go in there, then who?"

Both men say "You" with simplicity, yet firmly. The woman knew they were being serious this time and not playful joking around with her like in months past.

Still she had to ask "Why?" as her body continued to shake, and not because of the cold rain.

"You're not a legal sootopolis resident.." says Wallace.

"You're not associated with the Pokemon league..." mentions Steven.

Then, they all hear a voice, "But you're very good with comforting Pokemon, making you perfect for the job." A voice that only Marina could recognize.

With a beam of light, Nova appears right in front of them, leaving both Steven and Wallace in a state of shock in her presence.

"Whoa..." was all Steven could say.

"Goodness me, it's..." Wallace was left speechless, unable to finish his sentence.

"Surprised to see me, Steven and Wallace." says Nova, with the warmest smile they have ever seen, but one Marina is familiar with. "I get it, I'm the strongest champion in the world so of course I would be intimidating to look at."

Nova then looks at Marina, "Good to see you again, Marina. Looks like you're doing well."

Both men were completely shocked, "You two know each other?"

"Y-Yes," Marina responds coyly, red faced shoulders slumped and twiddling her fingers. She actually didn't want anyone to know that she's befriended the champion of the Pokemon world. "I-It's a long s-story."

But as they witness the water levels rising rapidly, Nova panicky changes the subject, "No time to explain. Marina, you have to go into the cave or origin and calm Kyogre down."