Chapter 19: Breakdown

A few days later, Marina arrived at the park in Lilycove city just at the crack of dawn along with all of her Pokemon, awaiting for the strong trainer that her brother, Mikey, had talked about the last time he spoke to her. She nibbles on a couple of granola bars to give herself as much energy as she could for the big day.

And although she isn't nervous at all about the encounter, she still does not know who this mysterious person is or how on earth Mikey knows them and the only bit of information that was given to the woman is that they're so strong that they defeated the champion of hoenn.

If that was the case, could it be the new champion that's going to help her train for the Pokemon league. No, that can't be right. It makes no sense for a champion to help train their future opponent.

It had to be somebody else, but who?

"When is this person going to show up? We've been here for hours." Complained an impatient Karen.

"Are you sure this person's going to show up, Rina?" Asked Grace, who's feeling doubtful about the ordeal.

"Yeah, I don't see them anywhere." Comments Sheldon.

"C'mon you guys, let's give this person a chance." Says Tobias

Marina remained silent on the bench, only focusing on her thoughts and making a mental note that if this person doesn't appear in the next thirty minutes, she and her pokemon will have to leave and do some training on their own. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Then, ten minutes later, Marina sees a person wearing a black cloak, dark sunglasses and a black mask approaching her direction.

Could this be the one?

The person greets her, "Hello, Marina."

That voice. It's so...

Pillow soft, yet masculine. Hmm?

Marina greets them back, "H-Hello."

"I believe you understand why we are here today."

"Yep." She looks left and right to make sure no one else is around, "To help me train, right?"

"Precisely. Just not here."

Puzzled yet curious, Marina asked, "If not here, where exactly?"

The mysterious person clears their throat, "I know the perfect place. Far away from here and one hundred percent private. We're going to need to fly in order to make it."

"Okay. We can ride on my Flygon to get to that special place. You can give directions on the way."

"Will do."

Marina calls all of her pokemon, except for Sheldon, back into their pokeballs. She and the mysterious person hop on the dragon pokemon and fly off to a small island east of Sootopolis City.

But as they were flying in the clean air, Marina recognized a familiar, champagne scent wafting around them, but had no idea where it was coming from nor did she ever stop to think that it may have come from the mysterious person.

And that voice sounds familiar to her too.

Nevertheless, it made her feel calm and for some reason safe. There's no way a complete stranger can make her feel safe on the first day unless...

No. It can't be. Marina immediately shook that mindless thought out of her head as soon as they landed. Her focus should be only on training and that's that. She doesn't need to know the identity of the person that's willing to help her.