Chapter 20: Full bloom

It has been exactly one month since Marina endured all the horrific bullshit that happened to her on victory road and ended up getting physically wounded because of said incident.

Now after spending all that time resting both her weakened body and mind and thinking long and about what she plans to do moving forward with her life, Marina has made the decision to continue onward with her journey. To go back to victory road and make it to the pokemon league to face the current champion. She didn't want to throw away all the progress she's made so far and quitting while she's so close to her destination felt sickening.

So, Marina put on the plain, baby blue t-shirt with a tiny swablu stitched on the pocket that used to fit Mikey, comfy yet well fitted dark gray sweatpants, and her new lilac slip-ons. She brushed her hair, grabbed her backpack and power walked out the door, giving her brother, who's washing the dishes, a rushed "bye" like she was in a hurry to make it to work on time and flew away on her trusted Flygon. No 'good morning'. No stopping by at the table for breakfast. No 'how did you sleep?' or 'what are your plans for today?' No goodbye hug or a goodbye peck on the forehead. Just ' bye'.

Of course, Mikey never expects any of that from Marina or from any family members of his for that matter on the daily. It would be odd and weird to always demand a hug or kiss from his siblings or his parents everytime he sees them, especially if they didn't want to receive one to begin with.

Yet, something felt kind of ' off' whenever Marina just left like that, with no indication on where she's heading off to. She always makes sure she tells Mikey where she's going or at the very least, tells him that she'll be out for the day. None of that happened.

Mikey attempted to brush it off as he dried up the last of the plates with a small towel and put them in the top cupboard. He reached for the broom next to the fridge and swept up the dust and crumbs on the floor.

A pit formed in his stomach and that's when he knew where Marina was going to. He shouldn't be bothered by it. It normally doesn't, especially if it's something out of his control.

But his sister returning to victory road for a second time was not the thing that bothered Mikey the most. Far from it.

Ding Dong. The doorbell rang, breaking Mikey from his trance. He opened the door and let his mother, Ariel and older brother, Hugo in. His eyes widened for a second, surprised that they're even here at his house.

"Hugo? Mom? What brings you all here today?"

"Don't you remember, mom wanted to check out your house. She's never seen it before." Hugo replied, hand on one hip. "We discussed it two weeks ago."

An "oh" escapes his mouth. He was too preoccupied with all the stuff that's making him irritated to remember right away.

"You did remember, right dear?" His mother asked.

"Yes yes, I remember. Come right in you two."

Then, a brightness came out of Mikey's left pocket, with his Altaria, Emi, emerging from it, happy to see everyone. Mikey couldn't help but smile upon seeing her gleeful face, "Guess you wanted to be part of the get together, huh."

Ariel pet the fluffy bird pokemon's head, "Emi, you gotten so big. Last time I saw you, you were just a little swablu."

Mikey comments, "She's my big girl, alright. Stronger too."

"I bet from battling your employees at the cafe." Says Hugo.

Mikey pouts for a brief moment, "They challenge me. I don't challenge them at all." Then, swiftly changed the subject, "How about you guys take a seat while I prepare tea."