2

Nyx's pov

2 days later

The loud chatter of people sounded through my ears as I stood with my family at the local train station. My suitcases stood at my foot as I held their hands.

"I can't believe my baby is going to Aldmoor's." mom sniffled as she once again wrapped her arms around my body. As if the first ten times weren't enough.

"Mom stop crying. You're gonna make me cry too." I sniffled and hugged her back. I'm trying to hold back my tears but she's making it difficult for me.

"Can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm gonna miss you little sister." Zane spoke as she opened his arms.

I rolled my eyes playfully and wrapped my arms around him with a small smile on my face, "I'm gonna miss you too dumbass." 

"ALL ABOARD!"

"That's me." I smiled as I looked at mom and Zane, "You take good care of her Zane."

"Of course." he said as wrapped a hand around her shoulder.

I gave them both a final hug before grabbing my luggage and boarding the train.

Through the window of the train I can see Zane and mom waving fervently at me along with the other family members of the people onboard this train.

I waved at them with a sad smile on my face as the train began slowly moving along the tracks. I'm really gonna miss them.

I can't believe I'm going to be a student at Aldmoor's. That school is obligatory for the rich and a yearning desire for the poor.  I am the poor.

I feel excited and happy. I'm the first from my community to ever attend the school. I am a pride to them. Something they can brag about. Something they can have faith in. Something to believe.

I'm happy..But I'm also nervous. What if I'm not good enough? What if I just disappoint myself, the town, my family..

I shook the negative thoughts away. I should think positive. Im going to make the best of this opportunity and show those rich people what I'm capable of.

I placed my headphones on my ears as I laid my head against the glass.

Watch out Aldmoor, here I come.

>>>

I gazed in awe at the huge building infront of me. 

It was huge, and vintage looking, the brick walls were covered in vines. 

One would have thought its an abandoned building.

It was located far away from the city, surrounded by nothing but trees and bushes.

Other students also clad in casual clothes also seemed to be just arriving at the school.

My hands tightened on the handle of my suitcase and I adjusted the strap of the bag on my back before walking towards the building.

I had to stop my jaw from falling open as I entered the double doors of the entrance. It's beautiful.

Upon entering the school, I was met with a giant lobby with two spiral staircases leading to a second floor.

It was probably bigger than my whole house.

The cream-colored floor was crowded with loitering students chatting away with their friends.