6

Nyx's pov

"...and then I slapped him." I pursed my lips as I waited for their reactions.

After I had returned from the principal's office, Rebecca and the others wanted to know why I was called into the office which led to now as we sat at the lounge and while I explained what went down.

"You WHAT!" Olive exclaimed, pure terror on her face.

"Wow Nyxie Pix, I can't tell if you're brave or if you just want to die." Alex commented.

"I know but he wouldn't go that far." 

Right?

Jamie was about to say something but quickly shut his mouth and he stared behind me.

I turned to look but I wish I didn't.

Looking as pissed as ever was Adonis, making his way towards me.

Shit!

I quickly turned around and acted as if I didn't see him.

I heard footsteps approaching before they stopped behind me.

"All of you, leave."

As he said that, all of my friends scrambled to leave.

I too tried to leave in hopes he would let me. But that was simply asking for too much.

"Ah Ah, not you Sinclair. You stay."

Ofcourse.

I slowly turned my body to face him and flashed him a timid smile.

He just looked down at me. "How much?"

"What?" I asked confused as to what he may be talking about.

"I asked how much?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, don't act dumb. You want money, right? How much do you want?" He crossed his arms, looking impatient.

What the heck is he talking about?

 "Isn't that why you did that in the office? You took my moment of weakness and shock as an opportunity and now you want money to keep it a secret. How much do you want? 10k, or maybe 20?"

Gosh. Did he not learn anything.

Do I need to slap some sense into him now?

"I didn't do it for money, I apologize for hitting you back then. I shouldn't have done that."

"Oh please, you people would do anything for money, who are you trying to fool?"

I abruptly stood up infront of him.

I glared at him before pushing past him and heading towards my friends who were huddled up in the corner and observing our interaction.

"Let's go guys." I spoke before walking away, not turning back.

>>>

The second bell had rung followed by our history teacher, Mr Matt entering the classroom.

"Good evening class." He greeted to which the class greeted back.

"Books out. Today we're going to be talking about World War 1. I take it all of you are familiar with it right?"

A series of "Yes." and "Yes sir" sounded through the classroom.

"Good, can anybody tell me how many deaths there were due to the World War?"