13

Nyx's pov

I have always liked the silence.

It comforted me in a strange way.

But as I stood in this silent room, I felt scared in a sense and mildly uncomfortable.

Just me and the dead cat head.

I calmly took out my phone and snapped a picture of it.

I tilted my head and inspected the cat's head.

It looked as if it was cut off with a saw. The cut messy and jagged.

It had to be done in school as it was a bit of a fresh cut, about a day or two old.

I grabbed a plastic bag and put on a pair of gloves.

I can't leave it here to raise more suspicion from the dorm master to me, but I also can't go out due to the night patrol officers.

They knew what they were doing. Fair play.

I put the head in a bag and threw my kitchen trash on top of it and sealed it tightly before spraying some air freshener.

I cleaned up the area and burnt the box partially before throwing it into another bag.

I paced my room as I tried to think of how to go along with this. The killer made their move, now it's time for mine.

It's like a game of chess.

And I never lose.

>>>

The next day.

I sat in class impatiently as my foot tapped the floor in a rapid pace.

I kept stealing glances at Adonis.

He seemed to understand as he nodded his head and adjusted his tie.

I turned back to the whiteboard and tapped my nails against the table.

My eyes glanced at the clock and back to the whiteboard continuously.

5 more minutes.

Though those five minutes felt like five hours.

The bell finally rung, and I wasted no time by walking over to Adonis and pulled him away. Much to Veronica's dismay.

"We need to talk" I whispered as I cast a weary glance around.

"Jamie darling. Don't wait up for me. Tell the guys I'm busy." I told a confused Jamie before dragging Adonis along the long corridor to a secluded corner.

Making sure no one was around I began talking.

"We're being watched." I breathe out.

He cast a confused look at me.

"Well not right now, but when we're in the library. They know what we're doing and they sent me this last night." I showed him the picture of the cat.

"My gosh. That is horrid." He crossed his arms and rose an eyebrow.

I showed him the letter and smirked.

"They made their move."

He grinned and said. "Then I guess it's time we made ours."

I nodded. "But what?" I sighed. "Let's go to the library first."

"What?" He asked stupidly, "Aren't we being watched? Why would we go back there?"

"That's the point Adonis." I grinned. "We don't want to raise too much suspicion.  We're going to pretend we don't know and hopefully they'll keep sending more stuff like this."