17

Nyx's pov

I pursed my lips as I walked into the empty class save for Adonis. I glanced over at him to see him already staring at me.

I shook my head and headed to my seat, setting up for the class.

"I saw you were having fun earlier." I heard him speak, his voice loud in the otherwise quiet classroom.

I said nothing and continued unpacking my stationary.

"Is he my replacement? Are you working with him now?"

"What does it matter to you Adonis?" I sighed and turned to face him.

"Well, I'm sure he won't be better than me. Good luck with that." he chuckled and tapped his fingers against the desk.

I rolled my eyes and turned back infront."I'm not working with him. I'm fine on my own."

"Oh, I'm sure." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice as he spoke.

"Might I remind you that you were the one who called quits." I grumbled as I organized my pencils in the sequence of a rainbow.

"You can't blame me Sinclair, the school tells my dad everything. Lord knows what he'll do."

"Oh, you're his son, surely he won't do anything too bad."

He went quiet after that, ceasing his tapping against the desk.

"Whatever." he grumbled.

I got confused at that.

He wouldn't, right?

"Adonis, does your dad-" I began as I once again turned to face him.

"Forget it Sinclair. I'm done. End of story." he turned to face the wall and crossed his arms.

I sighed and turned back infront as more students started to flood into the classroom.

Pushing all thought of Adonis aside, I prepared my mind for the class ahead.

___

I groaned and leaned on Jamie as we sat on a lobby couch, waiting for the others to join us.

"I hate math." I grumbled as I went practically limp laying on his shoulder.

He used his pointed finger to push my head away and dust off his shoulder.

I scowled and wrapped my arms around him, rubbing my face all over his shoulder and arm.

"Go away you pest." He put his hands on my head in a futile attempt at pushing away my head.

"No, I'll keep on being a pest until I get tired." I grinned and ruffled his hair.

"Nyxie Pixie?" I furrowed my brows and turned to see Alex looked between me and Jamie with a frown. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Ah, sorry bro. I stole your girl." Jamie smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, kissing the side of my head.

I chuckled and pushed Jamie's face away lightly.

"I'll never forgive you for this you, you monster!" Alex growled as he held up a fist in the air.

Rebecca came up behind him and smacked the back of his head. "Chill dude, she was never your girl in the first place."

"How could you say that to me when I am in such pain."

Olivia came up behind him and gave him two singular pats on the back before joining all of us on the couch.

Alex pursed his lips and eventually sat down.

"How are you Nyx? We barely see you around." Olivia spoke as she opened a packed of crackers.

"I'm fine, just been busy." I smiled. 

"After every class she always goes to the library. She stores all that knowledge in that big head of hers." Jamie teased as he munched on a cracker he stole from Olivia.

I scrunched up my face at him and swatted at his arm. "My head isn't that big."

"It's huge." he replied with a mouth full of crackers.

I rolled my eyes playfully and smacked his arm lightly.

It felt good to be back with them, talking nonsense and having fun.

I've been so occupied with the murder lately that I've hardly had time to spend time with them.

I laughed along with the group at a joke Alex made.

Talking with them took my minds off of things, making me forget my problems.

I am forever grateful for them in this wretched school.

...