16

Nyx's pov

I felt as if my heart was going to beat out of my chest. My nerves were racking as I entered the principal's office. 

I glanced at Adonis who seemed as if this was any other day for him, but I knew.

His hand was trembling which he tried to hide by tucking his hands in his pockets.

Mrs. Crestmond rose an eyebrow as she looked at Adonis from above her glasses.

"I believed I called for Mrs. Sinclair." she spoke in that monotone voice of hers.

"You did." Adonis spoke back in a confident voice as he took a seat on the armchair and crossed his legs, leaning against the chairback.

"Then why are you here, Mr. Maxilliman?" she slid a perfectly manicured finger against the bridge of her glasses, sliding it back up her nose.

He tapped his fingers against the armrest of the chair in a rhythm. "Do I need a reason to be here? Mrs. Crestmond?" He rose an eyebrow at her, staring at her with an intense gaze.

"Adonis it's fine, you can wait outside."

He glanced over at me and then back to Ms.Crestmond. "Fine." he mumbled after staring at her for few seconds and left the room, leaving me and the grouch across from me.

She slid the glasses off her nose and set it down on the desk, lingering her finger on it for a moment before connecting her hands and setting it infront of her.

"A student, saw you running out of the bathroom earlier. I take it you know what was in there." she spoke with a sharp tone as she stared down at me, making me feel guilty, like a child getting in trouble.

Should I tell the truth? Should I lie?

I weighed the options in my mind.

Telling the truth makes me suspicious, but what if I lie and they found out.

I decided to just tell the truth.

"Yes, I did." I breathed out.

"Why is it that you're always at the scene of the crime? Ms. Sinclair."

My breath caught in my throat as I caught what she was hinting at.

"I didn't do it."

"I didn't say you did. I simply asked a question."

"I don't know." I wrapped my arms around myself as I held her gaze.

"Hmm," she broke her stare and turned her attention back to the desk where she put back on her glasses and typed on her laptop.

"You can leave. However, if this happens a third time there will be consequences." she warned as she looked at me from over her glasses.

I pursed my lips and gave a tight nod as I got up.

"Oh and Nyx," she called after me as I stood at the doors. "I trust that you know to keep this to yourself." she said, eyes on her desktop as he slid her glasses up her nose, peeking a glance at me.

I grit my teeth and nodded as stormed out the office.

As I exited the double doors, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I can't do this Adonis." I huffed as I walked past him.

"Wait, what do you mean Sinclair?"

"This!" I spun around to face him. "This pretending everything is okay and pretending we don't know anything. People are dying Adonis, and I'm the one getting all the blame and suspicion."

His eyes widen slightly as I stepped closer to him, huffing in frustration and anger. "But the schoo-"

"I don't care about the school, Adonis. I'm doing what's right, whether you're with me or not." I turned and began walking to the library.

He let out a loud groan followed by his faded footsteps a few seconds later, no doubt headed to his dorm.

I tightened my grip on my backpack as I entered the familiar double doors, immediately heading to what was Adonis' and my 'study spot.'

I sighed and pulled out my 'clue book' from my bag.

Tapping my pen against my mouth, I stared down at my book as thoughts raced through my head.

"What're working on Nyxie Pix?" a familiar voice sounded right near my ear.

I jumped lightly as I put a hand on my chest and closed my book, hiding my notes from the person's eye.

"Oh gosh you startled me." I smiled as I looked at the familiar blonde haired boy, his blue eyes glinting at me.

"Do you live in the Library Nyxie Pix?" he asked playfully as he flopped on the couch opposite of me, Adonis' usual seat.

"No I do not, Daniel Park." I chuckled as I turned to him, setting my things aside. "I just happen to be here a lot."

"Ah yes, I suppose that's where the smart people such as you and I spend our time." he nodded in though as he put a hand to his chin for dramatic effect.

I laughed lightly, as I put a hand to my stomach. "I hope you know that reading comics isn't exactly considered a 'smart people thing'. " I make finger quotes with my hand as I chuckled lightly.

"Hey now, don't judge my ways, judge my outcome." he spoke eloquently, seeming pleased with himself and his 'wise words'.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Forgive my insolence Sir Park." I bowed lightly.

"You're forgiven, Nyx. Don't let it happen again."

"Yes sire." I giggled lightly as I rose from my bowing position.

He nodded, seemingly pleased. "Fear not Nyxie, for I shall make you the queen to my throne." He declared as he held a hand up to his chest.

"Oh my god." I laughed. "I'm honored King Park."

We laughed along with each other as we continued making jokes.

"You're so silly." I chuckled as I wiped a stray tear.

"That's good, no? At least I get to make you laugh." he grinned at me.

I bit my lip in an attempt to fight back a smile.

"Are you okay though?" he asked with a worried tone. "You seemed a bit out of it earlier."

"Ah yes, I'm fine, thanks." I smiled at him appreciatively.

He smiled back, sensing my disinterest in explaining what happened. "Well, if you ever want to talk you can find me at my castle or right here in the library." he winked.

I laughed slightly. "Why thank you, your majesty."

He glanced behind me before turning back to me "Ah excuse me madam, duty calls." he bowed and kissed my hand before running off to the library counter.

I chuckled as I watched him smile and grabbed a comic that no doubt just came in,

As I turned my attention away from him, I saw a slither of black hair, held in an all too familiar bun, turning away and exiting the library doors.

Adonis

I sighed and packed away my stuff as I held my bag strap tightly in my hand, waving Daniel goodbye as I left the library and headed to my next class.

...