14

Nyx's pov

The bustling of busy people on the streets sounded around us as we made our way to the public library.

The bell above the door dinged signaling our entrance.

"It's actually nice in here for a public library." he gave an approving nod as he looked around the library.

"Have you never been in here before?" I questioned incredulously.

"I have my own library in my house. Why would I come here."

"Right of course." I rolled my eyes.

He began walking to the restricted area of the library.

"Hey," I called shushedly as I looked around the library. "We're not supposed to be here." I followed him cautiously.

He smirked and jingled some keys on his hand before putting it into the lock.

"How did you get those?" I whisper shouted, looking around the library so we won't get caught.

"Why did you think this section is restricted Sinclair?" He turned the key in the lock and winked at me.

I babbled foolishly searching for an answer.

He smirked and pushed the door open.

"I'll never doubt you again." I laughed lightly and followed him in.

He chuckled and closed the door. "No prying ears or eyes here."

"Great." I immediately sat at the desk and put the card into the laptop.

He stood behind me as he watched, placing his arm on the back of my chair.

The smell of his cologne wafted into my nose making me lose focus for a bit.

He smells great.

I shook my head lightly and turned it on. 

As I did I was met with a lot of files popping onto the screen.

My eyes darted around the screen as I looked for the most important.

I hovered the mouse over a file named. 'Ginny's vlog #1'

I looked at Adonis before clicking on the file.

The video started with Ginny in the video frame.

She stood in a dark corridor of the school.

A deep breath sounded from her parted lips before speaking in a shaky voice.

"This school is not what it seems, and I'm here to prove it to you. This is Ginny's vlog number 1. Date, March 8th. Time, 9:52."

The camera then pointed to two men who stood in an opposite hallway. Ginny hid behind the wall while recording.

The conversation between the two men where indistinct but a few words were made out.

I raised the volume to the highest and Adonis brought his face closer to hear better.

"My son...the best...money...deal...Professor...eliminate obstacles..." Their voices grew more vague as the headed into a nearby office.

A flashlight shone against the wall and the vlog ended.

My brows furrowed. "She..she's been going against the school."

I turned to Adonis. "Do you..do you think that's the reason for her death."

He stared at me for a second, as if pondering before uttering. "Well shit."