I: The Dragon Leaves The Nest

Visenya. Rhaenyra had always liked that name. She once wished to name her sister that, but the gods never blessed her with one, besides Helaena, whose mother had another name in mind. And so, dreams stayed dreams until the birth of her daughter.

Almost 20 years ago, Daemon Targaryen had come back to visit King's Landing and left his niece with... a gift. Everyone rejoiced when not long after the prince's visit, Ser Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra welcomed their second child, a girl with silver hair just like her father and mother - Visenya. Even the rumors about her brother's parentage ceased for a time, since the girl was obviously Laenor's, even if she looked like a copy of her mother.

Visenya was a curious creature, not like her two brothers. Not like any of her living Targaryen family, really. While the rest of her growing family took up fighting, sewing, or drinking, the now 13-year-old girl became obsessed with learning about her family lineage, especially the family that lived before the Doom, and quickly realized there was more to uncover about being a Valyrian than dragon riding or ruling a kingdom. The further back her family history she went, the more her heart was captured by Valyrian magic.

Although they did not completely understand it, her parents were supportive of Visenya's endeavors. Her step-grandmother, on the other hand, was appalled. Raising her children under the guidance of the Faith of the Seven, any kind of sorcery was sinful in her eyes. But the few times she tried to discipline the young girl, she failed. The pale blue eyes looked at her without saying anything, just glaring at her as if she could burn a hole in the Queen's head. Visenya was... chilling. And Alicent would sometimes think about how the looks she shot her way reminded her of the way Daemon would look at her when he visited. Wicked. Hateful. Alarmingly calm. But at least the girl was quiet. And she got along with Helaena. And Alicent could do many things, but she could never hate the only friend her daughter seemed to have.
.
.
.

When she was 15, Visenya ran into Helaena's room giddy with excitement. "Do you have it?!" Helaena was used to the hyper nature of her niece, and not looking up from her embroidery, she signaled to the journal lying on her table, "There."

Visenya grabbed the journal and plopped next to Helaena, making her almost prick her finger with the needle. "I told you you weren't weird. That's just your idiot brother speaking. You're a dreamer, Helaena, look." Visenya carefully reached out to hand the book to her friend, whose attention was sparked by the comment. "Daenys had dreams of the Doom, Aegon dreamt of conquering the Seven Kingdoms—"

"I don't dream," Helaena cut her off, but Visenya continued, "Remember when your brother came in crying about not having a dragon, and you said he'll have one, but will have to close an eye?"

"Yes."

"Well, he did, didn't he? He claimed Vhagar, and then he lost—or as you said, 'closed'—an eye for that. You predicted it!" Helaena had put down her work and was looking over Visenya's shoulder. "You do not have to carry this burden alone, Helaena; at least write them down if you do not wish to share them." Helaena, ever so quiet, smiled. "I'd like to know more about Daenys, if you could tell me. Her dreams saved her family?" Visenya returned her smile. "They did. Maybe yours will save ours."
.
.
.
"Mother, who resides in Dragonstone at the moment," Visenya casually walked into her mother's chambers. Rhaenyra put down the letter from Laena she had been reading and smiled at her daughter, "Why do you ask?"

"Answer me, and I'll tell you," Visenya had a mischievous look in her eyes, which made her mother suspicious. "No one at the moment, my love, although as heir, I am supposed to live there until I'm crowned, I suppose." Visenya's smile grew bigger. "So... My name day is coming up..."

"I am well aware." Pause. "Where are you going with this?"

"I want to live at Dragonstone." Rhaenyra's heart skipped a beat. Her daughter often had unusual requests, and that was a thing she loved about her, but this... Rhaenyra stayed quiet for a moment.