XII: Planting seeds

Aemond rushed through the halls, his destination unclear. All he wanted to do was go as far away from that wretched woman as possible. Here he was, having a great day, all ruined because that- that witch decided to come home and start claiming everything as her own. She really was her mother's daughter.

He had to tell someone.  He needed to let out the anger she had filled his lungs with those poisonous lips. He could see, behind her wicked smile and piercing gaze, the wickedness that lied within. Wretched. Sinfull. Disgusting.

He had to tell someone. He couldn't tell mother, gods know she would take the opportunity to tell the whole court, and if Visenya was not bluffing, which he was certain she was not, she would have taken him down with her for the sin he had not been complicit in.

No. He could not tell Ser Criston either, for Ser Criston was loyal to mother, and no doubt would just tell her and the result would be all the same.

He could not tell Aegon, for Aegon would aplaud their niece for sharing in his perversion. No douobt he would pay a visit to her himself then. No.

As he kept walking and pondering he found himself stood infront of an all to familiar part of the castle.

Helaena.

Yes. Helaena would not tell anyone. No doubt Helaena would not condemn her nearly as much as Aemond does, since for reasons unclear for him and mother, Helaena loved Visenya deeply. He could not remember how many times she pleaded with mother to let her visit Visenya in Dragonstone, all for nothing, for mother would not let Helaena go a step near Rhaenyra and her bastards without at least him by her side.

Now Aemond saw why.

Thank the gods Helaena never visited her. No doubt she would have lured his sister into the same sick and twisted way of life she led herself.

Often Ser Criston would make snark remarks about Rhaenyra's daughter, hinting at her rather promiscious nature back when she used to live under the same wings as Aemond. He would seldom pass these remarks from one ear to another, since the princess had not really done anything to cause him distain. No, it was rather her brothers Aemond loathed. On the other hand, she could have stopped them. From teasing him. From hurting him. But that was then. Now Aemond could stop, no, hurt anyone he wanted himself. And the whore princess showed her true colors sooner than he had excpected.

He knocked on the door to Helaena's chambers, as always waiting for permission to come in.

"Aemond?"

"Yes, Hel, may I come in?"

He opened the door to find Jaehaera and Jaehaerys sitting on the floor, playing with their toys next to their mother's feet. Helaena was sitting on a lounge, looking at the fireplace, a book in hand.

"Has Visenya come already?"

That wretched name boiled in Aemond's ears.

"Yes." he answered with an angrier tone than intended. No doubt anyone else would have cought and questioned him for this, but not Helaena. The princess softly smiled to herself and nodded at her brother's reply.

"Good, good. I wish to see her." She stood up to put back the book she was reading and was ready to head down to search for her beloved friend.

"Helaena." Aemond blocked her entrance, not touching her, just calmly stepping in front of her to get her to listen to him. "I really don't think that's a good idea."

She looked at him puzzled. That was a rare occurance. To have Helaena present in the moment, not rambling, not dreaming, was rare. To have her present and be puzzled by something one said, he was not sure he had seen that expression on her before.