Interlude: Princess Visenya in the eyes of the Maesters

"Although, at first, there might have been speculation that the death of Ser Laenor Velaryon did not affect his daughter, mainly because of her more than nonchalant and cheerful behavior at her father's funeral, the years would seem to show that although the young princess did not shed many tears in public, the death did change her demeanor and perhaps even her relationship with her own family. Not long after Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon were wed on Dragonstone in 120 AC, most of Rhaenyra's children started to consider Daemon a father figure, evident by them calling him so and solidified by him taking up training them with the sword and Valyrian. Although all but one child had taken a liking to their mother's pairing.

Many reports through the years note Princess Visenya referring to Prince Daemon by name, or even not at all. While the relationship seemed to be mended by their arrival in King's Landing in 124 AC, the four years they spent on Dragonstone are reported to be quite cold and filled with arguments, in which Princess Rhaenyra would often have to play the mediator.

While her brothers spent time training with the sword and preparing for their royal duties, the princess is said to have completely immersed herself back into the practice and study of Valyrian magic. It has been said on more than one account that even the servants or the townsfolk would somehow succumb to her experimentation, and by 124 AC, the girl was rumored to have enough knowledge about Valyrian magic equal to the Red Priestesses of Essos.

Letters show that Visenya had always kept in close contact with her sister Baela Targaryen and her Aunt Helaena Targaryen, often writing to them about the newest discoveries she had made with her experiments or the joys of welcoming two new brothers into the world.

Overall, the princess seemed to have become a cunning and strikingly beautiful young woman, knowledgeable beyond what was normal even for women of her rank. Her loose, short hair now outgrown into once more beautiful long silver locks, she never wore anything but her family's colors of black and red. There have been more than one attempts to inquire the heir for her daughter's hand, but for reasons unknown, they were all declined."