XVI: According to plan

"I'm scared." Lucerys paced back and forth in his chambers as Visenya lay on the floor, smiling to herself, seemingly in a far better mood than usual.

"Everything will be fine; it will be over before you know it," Jacearys tried to stop his brother from burning a hole in the ground from his pacing, but Lucerys persisted.

"Everyone will be looking at me. At us," Luke signaled to his older siblings.

"Mmm," Visenya hummed disagreeably. Her brothers turned to her in unison. "No one will be looking at you, brother. At least not for long." She got up from the floor, brushed through Luke's hair with her fingers, and then turned to leave his room.

Jacearys ran after her and closed Lucerys' door behind him.

"What are you scheming?" his voice was more intrigued than he had intended to show.

Visenya only smiled lazily. "Nothing much."

.

.

.

The court was beginning to gather in the Throne room. Otto Hightower sat upon the Iron Throne, a chilling sight for Rhaenyra and an invitation to violence for Daemon. He kept fiddling with Dark Sister, not pulling his eyes away from Otto for a second.

All of Rhaenyra and Daemon's children stood behind their parents. Lucerys held his mother's hand, while Jacearys stood quietly behind them, examining the crowd.

Rhaena stood next to Daemon, watching his hands not leave the sword hanging from his hip. Baela stood next to Rhaenys as both of them whispered to each other.

On the other side of the room, the Queen stood with her own children. Aemond kept looking at Lucerys, smiling at his terrified eyes scanning the room. Intimidating him was the only thing that kept his mind away from her.

Where was she?

.

.

"Ser Vaemond, you may now plead your case," the Hand of the King started.

The man stepped forth arrogantly, pleased with the fact that it was the Hightowers who had to decide his house's fate rather than the old king. As he started to remind everyone of the rich history of both his and the other houses present, his speech was cut short by the opening of the grand door.

"Princess Visenya Velaryon-"

There she stood, head held high, no emotions on her face. Looking straight ahead, the princess earned gasps and whispers as soon as she took a step forward into the light.

Her dress, long and modest to a fault, had one minor detail that rendered the hall speechless. It was... Green.

Unmistakably, painfully green, much like the dresses Alicent and her children wore and very much unlike anything Visenya's family had on. Everyone looked around in confusion as the princess started walking down the stairs but stopped for a moment, and the knights continued.

"And King Viserys of House Targaryen. The first of his name. King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. Protector of the Realm."

Visenya took her place between Rhaenyra and Lucerys, both of whom were too shocked to see Viserys walking to give thought to the choice of clothing the princess had made for the hearing.

As the court bowed and the king made his way up the Iron throne, Aemond kept looking at the emerald at the other side of the room. She seemed focused, as if she were on the throne herself, deciding the fate of her brothers and uncle. Not a hair out of place, not a twitch or a blink in her overly powdered face. She stood still as a statue, the only hint of her being real was her left hand, gently caressing Lucerys' back.