XIII: The witch, the dreamer and the king.

As the godswood tree greeted the princesses upon their arrival, they sat down on a bench next to it, just as their mothers had many years before them.

Visenya looked around the courtyard, reminiscing of her childhood, the many days she spent running around the tree barefoot, being chased by Jacearys or Laenor.

The laughter of her brother and father echoed in her mind. A solemn smile painted her face.

Sun shining brightly onto the women's faces, both of their crystal blue eyes looked ahead, silently sharing the peace and quiet.

Just as they did when they were girls.

A few breaths later, Visenya broke the silence.

"In all of your letters, you never wrote about your brothers. How is Aegon with you? With the children?"  In truth, she wanted to ask about a certain younger brother, wondering if she should have payed closer attention to him while growing up. After all, this must have been the first time in five years someone had dared to try and insult her.

Helaena looked embarrassed. Her calmness quickly turned into a mild panic, as her fingers started fidgeting with her dress.

"There's nothing to write about." she answered plainly.

A certain weight fell of when she said that. She did not have anyone to talk about Aegon with. Aemond had his reasons to hate him, but he could not understand the hardships of being married to him. The maids would gossip and mother... However cruel or dismissive Aegon was, he was still her brother. Her husband. And if Alicent heard even a whisper of him mistreating Helaena, the beatings he would get... The screams. Helaena would have nightmares for weeks on end. Each time, after Alicent or Criston caught Aegon whoring, he would be made to sleep in their shared chambers. And as he slept, Helaena would silently examine the bruises on his neck and back.

So she kept it to herself.

"I see." Wrong question. Visenya was so used to talking about everything with Tyana that she had forgotten just how different life in Kings landing was for Heleana. 

"Have you at least any friends to confide in? " 

 "No. Not really, other than my mother... Or maybe Dyana. I think you would like her. She's quite alike to your friend. Tyana, wasn't it? " Helaena seemed to relax a bit when mentioning the name of her maid.

Visenya's eyes widened.

 "So you're telling me that we both made new friends, and their name's are... Dyana and Tyana?" Visenya burst out laughing. "I'd like to meet her very much."

"I haven't seen her since this morning... I'm sure she's quite busy with the children. They really love her ." 

The mention of Heleana's children reminded Visenya of the previous encounter in Jaheara's playroom. Not wanting to ponder on it any longer she continued. 

"What about your diary? Do you still keep it? "

 Helena looked away for a moment.

"Mother said that it's unusual. My writing." her voice started to tremble, as if saying those words hurt her throat. "I suppose she's right. "

 Visenya shook her head in confusion.

"Your writing? You mean your dreams? Your notes predicted half of the things that happened these past five years, Helaena."

"Those were just fantasies we made up as little girls that I cannot entertain anymore." Helaena said as she looked Visenya dead in the eyes. 

"Pray tell, how did you know about my plans then. If your dreams are merely fantasies?" Visenya wouldn't let down.