three

"PAIGE, STOP PUT ME DOWN!" five year old josie yelled, pounding on paige's back

"PAIGE, STOP PUT ME DOWN!" five year old josie yelled, pounding on paige's back. currently, paige had somehow managed to pick up josie and had been spinning her around in circles. they had been playing on their local play ground, when paige ran up to josie. "i cant believe we get to stay together for a week! i'm so excited!" she exclaimed, bouncing on the heels of her feet. josie's parents were going out of town for a doctors conference in iowa, and couldn't take josie. so that left her going to paige's, where she was most of the time anyway. since her parents were doctors, there were always stuck in a case, or just couldn't make it home. so paige's family gladly took her in, even giving her a room for herself, even if her and paige shared a room anyway, it was the thought that counted. currently, they were walking towards paige's mom, ready to go home for dinner. "i hope your mommy makes spaghetti tonight because my dad says it makes you better at basketball." josie looked over at paige, with a grin on her face. "you are so full of bologna!" she shoved josie, following her mom to the car. "make sure you are buckled in!" amy told them. that night, they fell asleep in paige's twin size bed, with smiles on their faces ready for a good day tomorrow.

JOSIE NEVER USUALLY HAS BAD DAYS IN BASKETBALL. but today, something was off. "phillips, where's your form at today?" coach yelled, throwing up his arms. josie brushed him off, not trying to get in her head. they were about to scrimmage, so she was getting a drink and fixing her ankle brace. "cmon jos, we got this." one of the girls on her team called out. motioning to come back out to the court. she ignored the way paige would glance over at her every other second, and walked over to the court. "okay, so we know the rules. apply what i have done with you guys." he said as he blew the whistle. josie kept on rolling her left foot in circles, adjusting her brace. "you good jos?" azzi asked, looking down at her foot. "yeah it's just hurting like hell today, it's probably throwing me off but i'll be fine." she shrugged azzi off, focusing on the 'game.' currently, one of the girls on the other team had the ball, but josie pushed the pain aside and stole the ball from her. not even thinking if she was on her team or not, she passed the ball to paige who was wide open. everyone stopped for a second, shocked that josie actually just did that. luckily enough, paige was on her team so she took the opportunity while everyone was sidetracked and shot it in. josie didn't even realize what she had done until after the fact, and wished she could sink into the floor due to embarrassment.

paige was shocked, she was literally thinking about how good a nap sounded right now, then boom. ball in her hands. she had to blink a couple of times to make sure this was real life, then shot a three from where she was standing. did josie phillips just pass her a ball? is this real life? paige pulled her ponytail tighter, watching as she rolled her ankle around in circles again. years ago, josie suffered from a bad brake in her ankle, and it never healed correctly. so randomly, it will just hurt like hell and paige knew that it was bad if she had a brace on. not that she stalks her or anything....it's just something that she noticed about her freshman year of college. the first year they played basketball and them not being friends. despite them winning almost every game, the team was fed up with the glares the former duo would share. azzi and nika tried everything but nothing seemed to work. they even got both of them drunk out of their minds, that just made it even worse. so after freshman year, everyone has just been letting them do their own thing.