twenty-one

STORRS, CONNECTICUT

STORRS, CONNECTICUT

JOSIE WAS CURRENTLY GETTING HER HAIR FIXED BY ONE OF THE MEDIA LADIES, BEFORE WALKING OVER TO HER PICTURES TAKEN. "JOSIE, come over here next, we are making a tiktok!" one of the people on the media team shouted, before going back to filming nika and caroline. josie nodded, before picking up the basketball to get her picture taken. "do you have some poses figured out this time?" shannon, the team photographer asked. josie scratched her head, looking around the room. "josie phillips! you have had weeks preparation to figure out at least one." shannon groaned, sitting her camera down on the floor.

everyone around them laughed, knowing that they were going to be there for awhile. josie was always saved for last whenever it came to anything with media because of how awkward she was in front of the camera. freshman year, she took thirty minutes just to take the clip of her saying her name for her introduction video. (they never ended up posting it because josie literally acted like a robot the entire time. ) with a grin on her face, paige walked over, peeking around the corner of the backdrop. "paige, please help me. shannon looks like she wants to murder me!" josie whisper yelled, smiling whenever she walked over to her. "just sit in the chair and relax jos, it will come to you naturally if you don't stress so much." paige walked behind josie, fixing her hair as she sat down.

"now like, hold the ball with one hand or spin it on your finger. don't think about it too much. whatever you do it will turn out beautiful." and with that, paige walked away. josie sat there in shock, before shannon told her to put her foot a certain way which snapped her back into reality. did paige just call her beautiful? well, technically she called the picture beautiful but josie would be in the picture so that's basically paige calling her beautiful. ( mhm....) about a thousand awkward pictures later, she was talking to azzi about what they were going to say for the tiktok the team was filming. "i honestly feel like coach has so many iconic moments. the best ones just can't be repeated." azzi and josie both laughed at that. josie looked at the camera, before putting her hands on her head and walking in circles. "why are we not running our plays! we drew them outfor a reason!" azzi started dying laughing, knowing how accurate the girl was.

"or he just loves to yell at josie in practice when she dosent run all of her suicides. it's honestly the funniest part of practice." caroline yelled from off camera, everyone laughing whenever josie's cheeks flushed red. "okay but i signed uconn for basketball not track...anyways! i'm gonna shut up now before my coach hears me!" josie and azzi both laughed again, thanking the media girls before they walked away.

"josie! come over here before you leave!" another one of the social girls yelled out, motioning for josie to stand beside of paige. "okay so we're going to play 'who's most likely to' are you guys down?" grace asked, handing paige the mini microphone whenever she nodded. "wait paige can i hold the mic?" josie mumbled, holding her hands out, ignoring the side eye paige gave her as she shook her head no. "anyways, who's most likely to be late on game day?" josie snorted, leaning into the mic, "that would be ms. paige madison bueckers." paige's jaw dropped, looking over at josie. "that's such a lie! i'm always the one having to rush you out of the door." the blonde retorted, ignoring the look josie had on her face.

"moving on, who's most likely to realize they forgot their shoes two hours into the bus ride?" grace held back a laugh, watching as josie's cheeks flushed red. "these have to be aimed." josie sighed, knowing that paige was going to expose her. "josie for sure. she's done that at least more than three times." paige smirked, looking down at her. "okay whatever, i swore i put them in my bag. but i obviously didn't. geno was not very happy with me that day." the brunette rolled her eyes, nervously playing with the ends of her hair. "okay last one, who's most likely to break out into song mid practice?" both girls laughed, before josie grabbed paige's hand to bring the mic closer to her mouth. "i would definitely say paige, but that would just be a lie on kamorea's name. i swear she thinks we are americas got talent or something. there's never a quiet moment in practice since she's been around." paige was smiling, looking at josie as she talked about one of their teammates.

the two girls thanked grace before walking away, joining the circle the team had made around geno. "you guys are free to leave whenever you want, but just make sure you are here at eight tomorrow for weights. we will definitely have practice right after since we have a game on friday." most of the girls nodded, thanking everybody before heading to the locker room to get their stuff. josie had already raced to change out of her uniform, more than ready to go get something to eat. paige sat at her locker, trying to not look at josie as she was only in her sports bra and a pair of tight spandex. ( deja vu???) "paige, do you wanna come eat with me? i know that azzi was your ride but she left like five minutes ago." josie asked, pulling up her sweatpants. she nodded, moving to change out of her uniform.

"okay! i'm gonna go ahead out to the car, i need to clean out the floor on your side. nika and kenna find joy in leaving their mess in my floor." josie laughed, bending over to pick up her bag and looked at paige in the mirror. her cheeks flushed a light pink, as she swore paige was staring at her ass whenever she was not looking. josie quickly stood up, before making her way out of the door. "don't take forever in here! i'm starving." and with that, she practically ran out of the building not hearing what paige had to say.

" and with that, she practically ran out of the building not hearing what paige had to say

jazzie speaks !

a time jump chapter bc im lazy asf and i need them to be in storrs for things to happennnnnn plus paige is definitely an ass girl nobody can tell me different.
also paige is literally so wife like omgmgmgmmmkjsjwjsjsj

but don't be a silent reader!!! comment and vote 🩷🩷🩷💘💘💘