twenty-two

PAIGE AND JOSIE WERE WALKING OUT OF CLASS TOGETHER, LOST IN THEIR OWN WORLD

PAIGE AND JOSIE WERE WALKING OUT OF CLASS TOGETHER, LOST IN THEIR OWN WORLD. they had basketball practice later in the day, so they decided to go get something to eat and maybe go back to the house and just hangout. paige was rambling to josie about something her professor had said, not realizing josie was looking down at her phone.

hails💝
when are you gonna
come back and visit
me? i miss youuu.

delivered.

josie sighed, putting her phone in her back pocket before looking back up at paige. her and hailey had always been on and off, ever since they had that fling a few summers ago. they were all together in a hotel room for team usa, and caitlin being caitlin, dared hailey to make out with 'who she thought was the hottest in the room' knowing what would happen.

"okay hailey, i dare you to makeout with the hottest person in here." caitlin smirked, looking over at the blonde. hailey rolled her eyes, looking around the room. josie shifted closer to paige, cracking her knuckles. hailey got up, before motioning for josie to do the same. everyone's jaws dropped, looking over at paige's reaction. she rolled her eyes, secretly hoping josie wouldn't do anything with hailey. almost everyone on the team knew how paige felt towards josie, even if she denied it. "i'm not making out with someone in front of everyone." josie's cheeks flushed red, refusing to believe this was actually happening. hailey pulled her towards the bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind her. "hails, are you actually being serious?"

hailey nodded, tucking a stray hair behind josie's ear. "is it okay if i kiss you, josie?" the brunette froze, her heart started to race. she looked down at her feet, thinking of what she should do. she didn't want to make things awkward with hailey, but the last thing she wanted was for paige to be upset with her. she reluctantly nodded, looking up to meet hailey's eyes. the blonde pulled josie's face closer to hers, before closing the distance between them. josie wrapped her arms around hailey's neck, kissing her back. this lasted for a few seconds, before they both had to pull away for air. both of their faces flushed, leaning their forehead against one another.

josie soon zoned back into what paige was saying, pretending she had been listening that whole time. "do you want to get something to eat at that cafe that's on the corner by the dollar store?" josie looked up at paige, smiling whenever she nodded. the blonde let josie drive, since she's the better driver out of the two. paige was now connected to the aux, singing along to a bryson tiller song. "have you seen the assumptions people make about you, p?" josie laughed, remembering a tweet she read earlier that day. paige shook her head, grabbing josie's stanley and taking a drink out of it. josie rolled her eyes, looking back towards the road. "people think that you secretly are like, really dumb. i've seen a few tiktoks about it and they are actually hilarious." paige's jaw dropped, pausing the song. "are you being so serious right now?" josie nodded, trying to hold back her laughter.

paige was silent for a moment, before looking over at josie. "i can't believe this. i literally am one of the smartest people i know." paige frowned, sulking in her seat. "it's okay paige, i think you are very smart." josie reached over the center console, squeezing paige's knee. the blonde mumbled something back, but josie's phone started ringing in the middle of what she said. "who's calling?" paige asked, noticing she wasn't making a move to pick up the phone. "i think it's a spam call or something. i'll just ring it later if it's someone important." josie said, hoping paige couldn't tell she was lying. paige was like a walking lie detector test, especially when it came to josie. paige gave her a weird look before she nodded, unpausing the song.

josie let out a sigh, pulling into the cafe. "okay, so if we each get something small, that leaves time for us to go and get something sweet before we go back to the house for like an hour. sound good?" josie said, knowing they both were going to get a sweet treat no matter what they decided to order. "yup. can we get that homemade ice cream that's like a block away? they have a new flavor out and it looks so bussin."

"paige, i thought i said to stop using that word."

jazzie speaks !!

jazzie speaks !!

hi...😓 sorry i disappeared for a little just went thru a writing slump ( as usual ) but make sure to vote and comment ty ty <33333