Chapter Eleven

Camilla was nervous as she waited for her old friend under the weirwood tree, Alicent stood by her side, her green eyes rimmed with red. They stared at the tree they had been meant to meet under later that day. Camilla felt silly for having thought she could have her friendships back, for thinking she could act as if the past four years had never happened. Camilla and Alicent turned from the tree at the sound of footsteps, seeing Rhaenyra walking up the stone pathway.

"I thought we were meant to meet later today?" Rhaenyra joked, a large smile on her face as she glanced between her two friends.

"What happened last night?" Alicent asked, getting straight to the point. Her fingers picked at the skin of her thumb, hoping to alleviate her anxieties.

"What do you mean?" The smile on Rhaenyra's face fell at Alicent's tone, glancing to Camilla for help understanding what was happening.

"My father has made worrying allegations about you." Alicent began.

"Were you with Daemon last night?" Camilla asked finally looking at Rhaenyra,

"Oh, I-" Rhaenyra nervously chuckled. "I haven't seen him in years. He took me into the city for some fun."

"Tell us the whole of it, Rhaenyra." Alicent ordered, her heart had been slowly breaking in her chest since Camilla had shared what she had overheard..

"Your father accused me of something. That I drank wine? Left the castle after dark?"

"That you fucked Daemon in a pleasure house." Camilla answered, her voice absent of any emotions.

Rhaenyra was silent for a moment, looking between her two friends as she tried to find the words to say. "This is a vile accusation."

"Is it?" Alicent asked. "You Targaryens do have queer customs. And Daemon certainly knows no limit."

"Alicent, Camilla, sisters." Rhaenyra jolted forward, wanting to grab onto her friends and make them believe her. "You must know I would never do such things to hurt either of you. You cannot believe such gossip"

"My father is no gossip." Alicent dismissed Rhaenyra's words.

"Well certainly he's been misled. He could not have witnessed such a thing." Rhaenyra argued.

"Why not?"

"Because it did not happen." The Princess exclaimed.

"He was told that you-"

"Told?" Rhaenyra interrupted Alicent, her anger rising. "Who made these claims to your father? I am the princess. To question my virtue is an act of treason."

"I do not know specifically-" Alicent answered, glancing at Camilla.

"What your father did not tell you?"