Chapter Thirteen

The Great Hall was bathed in a golden light, every noble of the realm had donned their best finery and filled the room. Rhaenyra and Viserys sat at a large table, the Iron Throne directly behind them. The father and daughter watched each of the Noble Houses were announced, greeting the lords and ladies.

Rhaenyra tried to smile at all the highborns, but she couldn't help but keep glancing at the empty seat beside her father. Camilla had been distant since Rhaenyra returned from Driftmark, always having some excuse as to why the two couldn't spend time together.

"House Lannister with their Lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the west and Master of Casterly Rock" Ser Harrold announced, as a group dressed all in red and gold entered the Great hall and bowed before the Royal family. Jason Lannister stepped up to the table as the rest of his family went to find their seats.

"Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess." Lord Jason spoke, only addressing the King.

"Thank you, Lord Jason." Rhaenyra thanked the arrogant man she had rejected. "I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor."

"Well," Lord Jason looked around the room. "If this is only the welcome feast, I admit , I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding."

"Well my daughter is the future Queen. I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories."

"Where is the Queen?" Lord Jason questioned. "I had hoped to pay my respects."

Viserys glanced at the empty seat beside him. "The Queen is still readying herself for the celebrations."

"This is why men wage war," Rhaenyra grimaced at Lord Jason's words. "Because women would never be ready for the battle in time."

"Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason." Rhaenyra spoke, dismissing the man.

"Lord Corlys of House Velaryon." Ser Harrold announced.as the doors opened and in walked the members of House Velaryon. "Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future King Consort."

The room erupted into applause as House Velaryon walked towards the table the Royal Family sat at. The group parted to make way for Ser Laenor, who bowed upon reaching the table. Rhaenyra smiled at her betrothed and stepped away from the table, meeting the Heir to Driftmark in front of the table. To the crowd of Nobles, the two looked to be madly in love as Ser Laenor kissed Rhaenyra's hand in greeting.

The House Velaryon had just sat down when Prince Daemon entered the Hall. Murmurs filled the room as people waited to see how the King would react. A smug smile curled the corners of Daemon's lips as he walked up the steps to the Royal table, clasping his hands in front of him as he waited for his brother to do something. Not wishing to further disturb the celebration, Viserys waved for a servant to bring another chair to the table.