Chapter 1

Adrianna's Pov:

I heard a low crack from my bones as I waited for them to heal. The kick I received to my ribs were pretty bad if I may say so myself.

Honestly, if they weren't my real parents, someone would have lost their life a long time ago. I unwrap the bandage I put around my ribs last night and wear a sweat shirt.

I don't have a phone to check the time so I carefully walk down the stairs to the living room. The old clock on the wall said 5am, meaning I have just 30 minutes to make their food and clean the mess they created the day before.

I quickly make toast for them. I also sneak two toasts into the back pocket. I rush to my room to eat them and prepare for hell.. Sorry, school.

I enter the little bathroom and look at my self in the mirror. A part of me is slightly revolted at the sight.

My left eye which is purple is shining brightly despite the lack of light in the bathroom. My right eye is a dull green colour. I wash up and wear a jean under my sweat shirt.

I heard grumbles from my dad downstairs and took that as my cue to leave through the window.

As soon as I open my small window, he starts banging on my door. It's now or never.

I jump out of window and run down the street to catch the bus.

Author:

Hey guys!
I know this chapter is really short. I had to cut out a really big part of it. But if you love this book so far, please vote and comment 💖
Have a nice day!
Bye darlings! 💗