Chapter 10

Third person pov

"When I ran the test, I noticed about 2, if not more dangerous chemicals in her system. There was only one I could identify in the ones I saw and honestly, it's a miracle she survived".

   Angelo knew everything he was saying would shake everyone up so he kept on speaking so as to avoid any unnecessary interruptions. Everyone looked gloom and Adrianna looked like she was on the verge of puking her guts out.

  "The only chemical I could identify is Dimethyl Cadmium II. It's an extremely dangerous chemical that shouldn't even come into contact with the skin talk less of being injected into the body. As I said before, it's a miracle she is alive. Only God knows what the other chemicals are but I'll look into it. There is no way to get rid of the chemicals in her system because it has become a part of her blood and instead of killing her, they are keeping her alive. And judging from how she has been so far, the chemicals in her system have somehow taken a hold of her mind. I also have a theory as to why she was injected with those chemicals and it doesn't sound pretty"
  No one knew how to react to what they had just heard. It was too much to process.

  "So in total, the chemicals made me a freak but are also the reason I'm breathing. But what is your theory? Armando's turned out to be pretty true".
   Angelo took a deep breath in and hoped his speculations were wrong for the sake of his sister.
"I'm sorry to say this but there's a high chance that they wanted to create a living weapon by combining those chemicals. It must have taken them years to create such a combination that is hard to dissect. There's no doubt that the kidnappers were behind this. But I also believe that they either worked with scientists or they are ones themselves. I'm sure they must have used it to get back at us for something but no doubt that she wasn't the only one used for the experiment. If she was able to survive it, there is a good chance that there are others like her. I think she also heals very fast because of how fast the cells in her body reproduce.  Another thing I noticed is that her cells are reproducing those chemicals on their own except they are actually creating the ones to keep her alive. Unfortunately , any kid she has in the future has a high probability of having those chemicals in its body. The scientists knew what they were doing ".

   While Angelo was busy explaining everything, Adrianna's head was burning up. Series of images flashed through her mind not giving her a second of rest. When the pain got too much, she screamed. They were all beside her in an instant.

   Adrianna fell down, her feet unable to hold her up anymore. Beads of sweat adorned her forehead as the pain intensified. She started shaking uncontrollably and Angelo quickly rushed to his room to get a sedative.

   Their father was angry seeing his daughter in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it.
Angelo sedated her and laid her on the couch.

"What could have happened to her? Do you have any idea Angelo? " Allesandro rubbed his forehead worried.
Angelo shook his head sideways. They all took their seats in the room.

  After an hour, Adrianna slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Angelo and immediately burst into tears.
"A.. Angelo" Their heads snapped up at the sound of her voice. Angelo rushed to get side.

   Adrianna sat up and hugged him tightly not willing to let go of him.
Angelo slowly pulled away.
"What happened to you back there baby?". He gently stroked her hair. He saw a flash of fear in her eyes but she slowly became calm.

    Adrianna held his hand and mentally prepared herself to speak.
"I remembered something. I remember them. The people that took me. It hurts so much".
She curled up in a fetal position but still held onto Angelo's hand.

    Alessandro's breath hitched in his throat and tried hard not to show how he was feeling.
The others just went stiff and didn't know how to react.

"I begged them. I.. rea..really did. I begged him to leave me. He gave me an injection. It hurt. He hanged me really high Dad. He hit me a lot. I didn't do anything to him. I didn't. He said it was for revenge. But I didn't do anything. Everywhere was burning. My body was burning. I couldn't see anything. I also remember something he said. After injecting me, he told someone to get rid of me".
Alessandro was on the verge of leaving at that point. He already knew  that it was one of his enemies that did this. They broke his daughter and he didn't do anything about it.

    "shhh... shhh.. baby. You are home now. You are fine. Your brothers are with you. Nothing will ever happen to you. I promise". She raised up her head and brought out her pinky.
"Promise?"
He linked his pinkie with hers.
"Promise".

   This little act brought big smiles to their faces. For a moment, everything seemed normal again.
"Aria, should we go to the gaming room. Come and see how I take Emiliano down". Elio said with a slight smirk. A snicker was heard from Emiliano.
"Well, we'll see about that".

    Adrianna had considerably calmed down at this point and followed them. Immediately the three teenagers left the room, the rest turned serious and went to Alessandro's office.

   They took their seats and started trying to look for the culprit. Alessandro started speaking.
"Well we know so far that
1. The person responsible for this is our enemy.
2. They definitely injected her both for revenge and experimental purposes.
3. There is a high chance that they don't know that she is still alive. But it won't be easy to hide that fact now that she is living with us. She is also a living evidence of their somehow successful experiment.
4. They might also still be keeping tabs on us. Although our security is best, we can never be too safe. We need to tighten it.
5. The only thing that can help us is Adrianna's memory of the incident. She should be able to recognize them but for that to happen, she has to be in the right frame of mind first and get over this to an extent".
Alessandro had successfully supressed his emotions and put on a cold face. His heart was broken put he couldn't let emotions stop him from thinking like the mafia leader he is.

  His sons nodded in agreement.
"I can look into all our enemies files to see the ones that were in the country 13 years ago and if they have any scientific history. That should help us narrow down".

   "Hmm.. But we can't only look into our enemies. There is also a chance that the person might be in the gang or we have had a rat amongst us for a while".

  "That's true. Although I'm sure we have loyal men, anything could be going on without our knowledge. And people can't just get into our house without someone helping them. With that being said, I expect both of you to get back to me soon with results. You can go now". They nodded and left his office, both in their own thoughts.

   Angelo passed the gaming room and saw Adrianna sleeping on the sofa probably tired from their bickering.
He walked in and picked her up in his arms. He carried her to her room and covered her.

    He felt relieved that at least she is safe now and she is now with him. But for how long really?

Author's note:
I'm really sorry for the late update😭 I'll try to upload the next chapter either tonight or tomorrow if it gets enough reads😩
Remember to vote and comment your thoughts.
Byee darlings💮💗