Chapter 35

Thanks so much for 11k!!!!🤭 Thank you so much. On that note, stop being a ghost and vote !😭 I know I was supposed to update yesterday but y'all know about my phone situation so pardon me😪 anyways, my cousin wrote most of this chapter so y'all can check her out. She's uploading a fantasy book this month and y'all can follow her in the meantime. The very first chapter will get y'all hooked fr🤭 I have read it and want more so y'all should head over to her profile
She's Bimsy_72

Adrianna's pov

      Today is the D-day. And I'm nervous as fuck. I rarely get nervous so I don't know how to handle this. We are sitted in the car heading to his house. Armando is driving while Dante is right beside me rubbing circles on my arm to reassure me.

      I rest my head on his shoulder to relax. Soon enough we arrive at a mansion which I can practically say is made of gloss. It does not look as elegant as ours but it's definitely bigger and looks like old money.

    If I were to roughly estimate the amount of guards from the outside, I'd say about 20 excluding the ones that were definitely hidden. Two guards open the large black gate and bow down beside the car. It doesn't take a genius to know that it's Dante that they are showing respect to. Perks of being a mafia heir, I guess.

    Dante winds down the car window and faces the guard by his side.
    "Is father in?". The guard suddenly straightens has posture and raises his head up like a military man who shouldn't look in the eyes of his senior.

    "No sir but he is most likely to be back in a few hours". Dante nods in acknowledgment and winds up the window hinting at Armando to drive in.

      Like I had previously noticed, this place isn't as elegant as ours, the interior definitely looks better. The floors are made of white sparkly marbles and chandeliers hang so high from the ceiling that I feel it's going to fall on me. We walk into the living room and I first noticed the two main white couches that form a semi-circle, a round coffee table in the middle of the sofas, the huge and strategically hanged paintings on the walls.

    Dante's comment to sit down comes at the right time because if I continued standing, I'd probably faint. My legs have been getting swollen these past few weeks and my protruding belly isn't helping out either.

    "Are you okay?". Dante asks as he takes a seat next to me on the sofa.

   "Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I be?". Lies. I am nervous as hell but I would never show that. I just hope I don't flunk this.

    However, Dante didn't quite believe me. My hands were doing that nonsense again. Dante places his hand over mine and smiles at me.

   "It's okay". He mouths. Armando's face is grim. He's sitting on the second sofa, his eyes trained on the door. He definitely looks like he doesn't want to be here. Well, boo-hoo brother! We are stuck here together.

    Just then, a woman descended from one of the stairs that is situated at one end of the room.
    Her flowing red gown preceeds her giving her an air of elegance. Her red heels making her presence known.She is really beautiful with her shining bronze skin, caramel brown eyes, red lips and a button nose standing out.
     Her black curly hair was done in a half up,half down style which enhanced her high cheekbones. Her red gown showed off her beautiful curves and fitted her in all the right places. The gown is so simple yet she made it look like it was a line off Paris fashion week collection.