Chapter 13

Third person pov

    Armando and Allesandro were seated in his office discussing the pressing matter on ground.
"I don't know how we can handle this without letting her know the truth. There will be a lot of dangerous gang leaders from all over the world attending. It won't take them time to know who she is".
   Alessandro nodded in understanding.

    "That's true. We have to tell her the truth before Saturday. What about her friend that is coming? The background check? "

   "Yes, we have checked all her details.  She is a 17 year old orphan and she is in the care of her foster parents at the moment. Her home life looks pretty okay. She moved to California where Adrianna had been living just a year ago. From what I gathered, she is also her only friend. She doesn't have any criminal record".

  "That's good. At least we don't have to worry about her. If she wants we can get one of the families in our sector to adopt her so that they can be close to each other. Have you looked into the records we discussed about? Any leads? "

  "No. Not yet. We have narrowed down to some people. We will continue digging around". As Alessandro was about to speak, his phone started ringing. Armando excused himself and went to check where the rest of them were.

  Angelo was in his lab trying to run some more tests on Adrianna's blood. Something occurred to him and he tried to get to the bottom of it. He needed to confirm his suspicion soon or something horrible could happen.

  Adrianna was with the twins. They were teaching  her how to play a video game. The pizza May had done for them was brought upstairs by Rock some minutes later.

   Adrianna saw it first and tapped Elio's shoulder.
"Is that pizza? What does it taste like?". The genuine curiosity on her face threw Elio off.

  "I thought it was pretty common in America. How come you haven't eaten it before?". Emiliano suddenly became interested in the conversation. For a moment it seemed like she was nervous. She put on her poker face and took one slice of the pizza. She let out a little moan and smiled at them.
  "mmm..... This tastes so good. Yes, it's pretty common in America but I never got to eat it. There was no one to buy it for me and I wasn't allowed to work".

   Elio placed a hand on her shoulder and looked her dead in the eye.
  "Didn't you tell your adoptive parents to at least buy it for you?". The small smile left her face and was replaced with a far away look.

  After a few taps on her leg, she came back to reality. Her eyes brimmed with tears and it looked like she was trying so hard to push it back.

  Emiliano carried her and took her to her room.
  "Shhh.... It's okay. We are always here with you. We won't force you to say anything. Take your time. I will be back soon baby. Rest a little. If you rest like you should, I promise to get May to do more pizza for you". Adrianna nodded and put the blanket over her head.

  Emiliano went back to the game room to see Elio livid. He knew what his twin was thinking.

  "What could they have done to her? She looked so broken. She has gone through so much and she's just 17. I wish I could have helped her". Elio hugged his brother.

  "We need to tell Dad. We must find out if our speculations are right. I hope for their sake that we are wrong or else....".

  Armando later found the twins and they filled him in on what had happened. He also told them about their father's decision to tell Adrianna the truth.

   "I have no problem with telling her the truth. I just don't want her to be afraid of us. We just got her back and I don't want her to be distant from us in any way".

  "Unfortunately, the only way we can help keep her safe is if she knows what danger she's in".

   "I think we should get her a phone. She doesn't have one".

  "Oh that's true! I actually forgot. I got her one earlier in the week. It's in my office. I will give her when she wakes up".

  "Alright ".

Alessandro came back in the evening and called everyone to the living room before dinner time. By that time Adrianna was busy eating the pizza she had been promised.

  They all filed into the room afraid of her reaction after the bomb had been dropped.

  "Adrianna. We have something to tell you. The only reason I am even telling you this now is so that you see reason in all we do inside this house and why certain things may happen. It will also help you understand the reasons for everything that has happened to you so far and the things that may later happen. We still love you a lot regardless of the truth".

  Adrianna was very confused and scared at her father's words.
"Dad, what is it? You are scaring me".

   "Honey, the business I told you we run in this family is not actually a business. We are the Italian Mafia"

  The plate in her hands fell and shattered on the floor. She started joining the pieces together and eventually she looked at her father.

"The Italian Mafia? "

Author's note :
Hey darlings!!! How was this chapter?
The truth is finally out! How do you think she will react? And that ball sounds bad to me. What do you think will happen?
We will just have to wait and see.
Don't forget to vote and comment! 💮
Bye💗