Chapter 18

A sharp pain jolts me awake and the incidents that happened flood into my head. I hurriedly leave my room to search for Lily. When I don't see her, I barge into her room frantically.

   My eyes scan the room for her and my eyes land on the bed. I calm down when I see her snoring lowly. A pained smile comes on my face when I notice the hand marks on her neck.

   I sit down on the side of her bed and gently push hair away from her face. A stray tear drops from my face onto hers.

   "I am really sorry, Lily. This is all my fault. I hurt you". The tears start to drop uncontrollably.

   "Girl, if you get snot on my face". My head snaps to her.  A mischievous smile sits on her face. Instead of smiling back, I turn my face away ashamedly.

   She sits up and cups my face in her hands. 
"You were not at fault. You didn't do it on purpose. I am fine, I'm good and chill as fuck, alright? "

  "But I still did! ". I shouted, frustrated at how she was playing it off. The next thing I receive is a slap on my forehead. 

  "Owww!  What the heck!?". I glare at her.  She just shrugs her shoulders looking at me with an indifferent expression.

  "You were getting too boring for me, boo". Before I can reply her, she drags me up along with her.

  "Let's get ready. The ball starts in a few hours". She smiles mischievously.

* * * * * * * *             * * * * * * * * *

   After Lily put on some light makeup on me, which is making me look smoking hot by the way, we wore our dresses and made our way downstairs. It's safe to say that I ate this outfit up!
The  outfit👇

  I take a look at Lily who is looking so beautiful that it's almost blinding

  "You look like a queen, Lily". I smile widely at her.  As expected, she flips her hair and puts on a proud smile.

  "That's because I am, babe". I shake my head at her.

  "You know 'thank you ' is not so hard to say. Compliments are really not for you. No offence".

  "Oh, every offence taken". I laugh at her and we make our entrance down the stairs.

  From the moment we started coming down the stairs to when we reached the last one, every guest's eyes were stuck on us. Well, it's a good thing I love attention, isn't it?

  The men here look dangerous on another level but I kind of expected it. These are gang leaders and mafias in question. I didn't miss some of the perverted looks some of them threw towards us. The men were either in tuxedos or suits. There are also quite a good number of women here too. Everyone simply screamed of money.

    Elio takes Lily's hand and Emiliano takes mine. As they start to guide us towards where Dad and my remaining brothers are, whispers break out in the room. I am not even surprised as I already know why they reacted like that but I forgot Lily is still in the dark about everything.

   She looks at me with a confused smile and I gave her a slight smile to assure her that I would explain later. My dad is standing at the center of the room with a huge proud smile on his face. Up until now, I never knew I wanted a dad to look at me that way. I feel loved. He stretches forth his hand and I take it.

  "Are you feeling better now, tesoro?". He whispers in my ear.
I nod and give him a slight smile in response.

   He leads us to the make shift stage at the front of the room. The whispers ceased as soon as he held the mic.

"Hello everyone. I want to thank you all for coming today. I have good news to share today. Years ago, a tragedy struck my family and I lost my little girl. But today, standing beside me is my little princess. She is finally back after a long time. I introduce to you, Adrianna Rosette Romero. Enjoy the rest of the party. Thank you". A round of applause followed while we went back to our table.

  "Princess, for the next few hours I will be introducing you to important people if you don't mind. Don't worry they are mostly distant family and allies". I nod. I am already bored. It won't hurt to form some connections and get to know more people here.

  I grab a drink and gulp it down before anyone could stop me. Angelo looks at me worriedly and I shake my head as if to tell him that I'm okay.

  Father and I go ahead to meet some guests.
1000 people later,
  I am still standing with the most stoic expression I have ever had on my face.

   "Don't worry, let's just go see your uncle then we can go and sit down". He takes my hand again and we walk towards a man who has his back turned to us.

  I haven't seen his face yet but I feel uncomfortable.
"Lucio". The man slowly turns around to face us. As my eyes land on his face, my breath hitches in my throat. Immediately he sights me too, his cold expression falters and he looks shocked for a while. As quickly as the shock came, it disappeared.

  "This is my daughter, Adrianna. Your beautiful niece". I suddenly start tuning them out. The more I stared at Lucio, the more memories were flooding my mind.

   Before I understand what's happening, I feel myself slipping  away and she takes over.

Alessandro's Pov:

   I haven't seen Lucio in a while and I felt introducing Adri to him will be okay. That was one of the worst possible mistakes I made tonight.

   I sensed tension immediately I introduced them to each other but I thought she was just uncomfortable around him.

  At least that's what I thought until she was suddenly on top of him on the floor. Just like the incident earlier, her hands are around his neck. Her purple eye glinting even more than normal. The murderous glint in her eyes almost scared me.

  "You destroyed my life!". Adrianna started shouting that sentence at him over and over again. What does she mean? I'm not even surprised that Lucio couldn't get up or fight back. Her strength compared to his at the moment is too much.

  The boys come over and after some minutes they are able to pull her away from him. Angelo gives her an injection to help her relax this time instead of sleeping. He had told me about it earlier. This is better because we can't keep putting her to sleep everytime she gets out of control. She will only end up bedridden.

   I tell Rock and another guard to take a hold of Lucio. I know fully well that Adrianna wouldn't react like that if he had not done something to her before. The thing bothering me is that she has not met him since she came back so if I'm correct, could this be linked to what happened years ago? If it is, Lucio will most definitely suffer a horrible death.

   Lucio tries to run away which confirms my suspicions. Rock knocks him up with the butt of his gun and takes him away.

I instruct Elio to take her to my office and I follow after him. The guests who have been watching the scene before had resumed their activities. Probably gossiping about it but that's the least of my problems.

Author's note:

Yo!!!  We are just a few numbers away from 500 reads🙊 I'm so grateful!! 💗
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Sorry for the late update too😩
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me💫
Byeee💗