Chapter 6

Adrianna

Oh no

   The look on their faces immediately brought me back to my senses. I'm pretty sure they have seen it by now. The wound must have closed up

  I don't want to answer any questions so I need to find a way out of this for now.

   I move out of Mr Romero's arms which felt really comfy but that's not my concern right now. I turn to face them and stand up. They all look really pale and only Armando seemed to have recovered from the sight he just witnessed.

  "I am really sorry for my behaviour Emiliano. I'm going to my room now. I don't think I can go shopping today ". As I turned to leave, Mr Romero held my hand.

  His face had turned cold and stoic.
"You can't leave now. Everyone take a seat now. Elio, tell me what happened"
I sat back down knowing I wouldn't be able to get out of this one. But how do I explain something I don't even understand?

   Everyone sits down and Elio starts talking without missing a beat. By the time he is done with narrating what happened, I realize I may have become wilder than I thought.

  It's been a long time since I last went 'wild'. I also don't remember anything once I become like that. I'm barely in control of my actions or emotions in that state.

   Before I know it, Alessandro's voice booms in the room.
"Emiliano, explain to me why you pushed my daughter! "

  Emiliano visibly paled.
"I.. I.. I didn't mean to push her that hard. She pushed Elio first and I got angry" Well.. He has a point I guess.

   Mr Romero gives him a hard look that clearly means he is in trouble. I bet I'm in more trouble than him at this point.
"We will discuss about this after this meeting. Nobody has the right to hurt my daughter. Am I clear! "
A couple of "Yes sir's" break out.

    This man barely knows me so why is he so protective?
Mr Romero turns to face me.
   "I am going to ask you a couple of questions and I expect you to answer me honestly. Before that, I want to tell everyone , especially you, something important. I didn't want to discuss all of this now but it seems it cannot be avoided. Adrianna, I noticed that you don't remember anything about us and you have also drastically changed. I don't know what happened to you during the last 13 years but I need answers". He sighs.

    13 years? Was I living with them before? Is that why everything seems so familiar? How was I taken away? How could I have ended up in America? This doesn't make sense.

   I look up at him urging him to continue.
"Well... 13 years ago, you had just turned 4. Everyone was so happy. We had just finished cutting your cake and you didn't want to let go of your mother. But I told you to go and play with Angelo. You two were so close. Some hours later in the evening, I received a call from work  so I left your mum. She went to the garden to play with you guys. I wish everyday that I hadn't left the house. She would still be here today. Her laughter filling the house. Everything is my fault". Tears were brimming his eyes.

   I have a mother! She loved me!  She loved me! What could have happened to her? Was it because of me?

   "I am not sure what exactly happened in the house after I left but when I came back home, it was a pool of blood. The guards were all shot down. The twins and Armando were with their nonna so they were safe. But Katrina.. Mi Amore... She had died trying to protect Angelo. Angelo was in a very horrible state. But Adrianna, you were gone. I tried so hard to find you, I couldn't find you. I failed. I had lost my wife and daughter all because I left the house. And I will never forgive myself for that. I had honestly given up on finding you when I got that call. I was so happy to get you back. So happy to see you alive. But you have changed drastically ".

   This is really a lot of information to process. So that means I was kidnapped. I was separated from my family. My mother was killed by my kidnappers. At the thought, my left eye starts twitching in pure fury. I feel a hand patting my head making me relax. That's definitely my father.

My father.

I guess I can accept him as my dad now that I know he didn't give me away. I was just a victim of kidnapping.

   "Adrianna, although I was just 13 when you were taken, I remember that you didn't have a purple eye. How did it happen? Do you remember anything? "

  Shocked is an understatement for how I feel right now.
"I thought I was born like this. I don't remember how I became like this. I have always been like this for as long as I can remember" I was starting to hyperventilate at this point. Why can't I remember anything?
Father rubs my back and pulls me into his chest.
   "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I am so sorry, tesoro". I am trying to keep in my tears at this point.

   "One more important question dear. I need you to answer this honestly. How did you heal so fast? And how are you so strong? Your brother is a trained fighter so you couldn't have held him down so well if you weren't so strong". Armando looks me straight in the eye as if daring me to lie about it.
I don't even have any reason to lie to them anymore. I think also telling them the truth will help me find out more about what truly happened.

  "I heal really fast and when I get angry or stressed, I loose control of my actions and get really strong. I'm very sorry for hurting you Emiliano "
For the first time, Emiliano smiled at me. He looks really cute when he smiles. I return the gesture.

  "This is definitely connected to the eye. I don't know how true my theory is but I think I have an idea of what happened to her" Armando looks at us with a worried expression that makes me know that the next thing he says will not sit well with me.

  "What is on your mind, Armando? "
Father stands up.

   "I believe Adrianna was experimented on after the kidnapping "

I feel sick

Author's note
Did you enjoy this chapter?
Do you think Armando's theory is correct? Let's find out soon!
Don't forget to vote and comment
Bye💗