𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

"𝗢𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 a𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲, 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝘆/𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗼." Malleus said as he looked at you.

You nodded though you still were confused if that was your name. The candles green fire shine brighter than before.

Your eyes sparkled as you captured this scene. Ginko, however, only looked anything but amused.

Malleus had noticed your gaze at the green fire that shined bright. "𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝘁?" He asked you as you only nodded in response.

He smiled softly in awe as your gaze was on the fire. The silence lasted for a while until Ginko had decided to break it. "𝗖𝗮𝘄! 𝗟𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗟𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱!"

You both got out of your gaze and looked straight at her, Malleus now seemed satisfied a bit more from the explanation of your unexpected arrival to Diasomnia.

"𝗢𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲, 𝗟𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱." Malleus said as a sigh escaped his lips.

You just blinked as you had no clue of what was going on. But it didn't really matter to you either way. You had just been looking between Ginko and Malleus whilst they chatted.

Once Ginko and Malleus stopped talking, Malleus looked to you and smiled, "𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁." He pats your head with his black gloved hand.

You were confused but Ginko just looked offended from the compliment and the petting gesture he gave you.

"𝗦𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄?" Ginko asked wanting to not be a third wheel in this situation that the two of you shared for a mere second.

"𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝘆/𝗻 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀?" Malleus asked Ginko as he knew that you wouldn't have a justified answer for him.

"𝗬𝗲𝘀, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲." She answered and with that he was satisfied with the honest response.

"𝗠𝗮𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗯𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝘂𝗽." Malleus said as he lead the way to his room. You both followed behind him as he walked away.

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦:

You looked around the as your curiosity got the best of you but Malleus did not mind being that he was setting up the board game himself.

Once Malleus had finished, Ginko pulled you over the him and tugged you for you to then sit down. You sat down and scanned the board game in front of you.

"𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲?" Malleus asked directly to you with an intrigued expression on his face.

You gestured that he should make the first move to which he did. You then took a move but it got countered by him and you lost one of the pieces giving him a point.

The you then made a move he cornered it but then you evaded it by attacking it with another piece. This led to you have a point as you took his piece from the board and next to you.

You both were at it for sometime but it wasn't enough to make any of you quit or do anything but try to get the others piece away from their team and out of the game.

Ginko just stayed quiet and kept track of the time since you both seemed to focused on winning the match you both were having. She sighed and waited.

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩:

You and Malleus a few pieces left on the board. The aura around you both had felt like something between a kind of rivalry and playfulness in the area.

Ginko felt sweat drip from her face as she had been watching you play for some time and the atmosphere began to make her tense.

You had nearly accidentally made the mistake of putting one of your piece somewhere his could attack you but quickly moved it to somewhere safe.

Malleus was prepared for the move you then made a counter move by moving his piece to a position where yours could no longer move.

"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙧?" He asked and the last word caught you off guard. What did he mean by 'Traveler'...

{𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐎𝐔𝐓}

[𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐑~]

=================================
𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭:
• Ginko was bored throughout the game
• You both were at the brink of a chance to win or lose
• You admired the room's aesthetic design it had
• Malleus was intrigued about the skill you had with this game
• Who was going to win?
• Who was going to lose?
• Was it going to be a tie?
• The possibilities are endless
• Welcome to your ________
• ᗴᑎᒍOY IT ᗯᕼIᒪᗴ IT 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒔