The Prince And His Bedroom

The morning comes quickly but my exhaustion is quickly overcome with excitement of spending another day with my new mate.

It isn't long after waking up, we head down to breakfast. The meal time was kind of bittersweet. Time with my family is something I will always cherish and hold close to my heart. It will be hard to adjust to being away from them.

"Baby, are you ready?" Axel asks coming up the stairs to my room.

My heart skips a beat from the sudden new nickname, "Um, yeah. I think so," I nod my head.

"We can always buy new things or have them send you things that you forget," He says with a smile. I smile and nod at him.

"Yeah, okay." I grab his hand and we both head down stairs with my bags. Axel helps load the car as I say good-bye to my family.

My good-bye with Jackson is the longest. He's my best friend. He's practically the only friend I've had my entire life. I have no idea how I'm going to navigate my new life without him by my side.

I wave good-bye to my pack as the car drives me off to my new home. I turn around and face forward with a frown.

Axel squeezes my hand and looks at me. "Don't worry, we can come visit whenever you want."

I smile slightly, "Thank you...It means a lot."  

"Of course, anything for my mate." He says and looks out the window.

A few moments pass before he speaks up again. "It's going to be a few hours before we get there so you might want to sleep a little. Get some shut eye to make up for last night?"

If I didn't know better of what happened last night, I might of made an inappropriate joke at this point. But I refrain.

"Okay," I say and lean against him. He wraps an arm around me, and kisses the top of my head.

4 hours and about 45 minutes. That's roughly how long it took us to get to the castle. I slept most of it. I'm not sure about Axel. He was awake whenever I managed to peel open my eyelids, which wasn't as frequent as you might think.

"Welcome to you're new home," Axel whispers in my ear. The statement makes me perk up and fully wake. I look out the window, expecting to see a huge castle but instead I see a house. I turn back to him in confusion.

"We actually don't live in the castle. My grandfather started the tradition. He believes that it's unsafe for the royal family to actually stay in the castle, because everyone would know where we live. Yeah, there's a lot of security but this just gives us more privacy from the public. I live here with my parents." He explains. It makes sense and I understand why they do it. You don't want the public to be snooping on your life 24/7.

The car rolls up to the front door of the house. Axel is quick to jump out of the car, racing to get to my side before I open the door. Once he opens the door for me, he takes my hand and helps me out of the car. I look at the house in more detail now. It's beautiful, the house is built with stone and wood, which is the perfect combination. It's got a lot of windows and it's in the perfect location.

"Do you think you can like it here?" There's a slight tone of worry in his voice and his face shows even more of it. You can tell he is being genuine about his question.

I nod my head quickly, a smile appearing on my face. "I love the exterior architecture. I can imagine my own house looking this way some day." I tell him. He seems ecstatic about my response.

He leads me inside and it's just as amazing on the inside as it is on the outside. Everything is just so stunning. I love it. He shows me the whole house, saving his bedroom for last.