Someone's Moving On

"Aww, I love this one!" I say, snuggling into Axel. We've been laying in bed for the last half hour, looking at dogs up for adoption in the area.

"You said that about the last five." Axel points out.

"And your point is?" I say giving him the side eye. 

Axel just chuckles. "We can't get all of those puppies. We can only get one!" He says.

"But-." I start to say but I'm quickly cut off with Axel lips on mine. 

"I love you." He whisper.

"I love you too!"

He reaches over and closes my laptop. I just look at him with curiousness in my eyes. He takes it and puts it somewhere safe.

"That's enough of that for tonight. Let's just go to bed. We can look again tomorrow."

"Okay." I say and slip under the covers some more. I feel the sparks run across my arm as my mate wraps his arms around me.

I push myself back into him, trying to get as close as possible.

Axel purrs. I try my hardest to hold back my laugh, but it doesn't work.

"What?" he ask.

"You purred!" I say through my laughs. He slaps his hand over his eyes.

"I don't think I can sleep after this!" I say, and he sighs frustratingly.

I shut my mouth. "I'm sorry babe. Lets go to sleep." I say and that's what we do.

I wake up the next morning, all full of warmth.

I stretch out, hitting Axel's face as I do. I chuckle, as I look up and see that he doesn't move.

I remove his arm from my waist, and head down stairs, but not before I grab my computer. I head down stairs, and have some coffee. I sit down at the table, and open my computer look at the adoption website once again.

Axel~

I wake up, cold. I open my eyes expecting my mate to be laying there but she's not. I hear my wolf whine with sadness. I think he loves Carter almost as much as I do. Almost. 

I get up and stretch, my morning wood pushing against my boxers.

If only I had my mate! My wolf says to me.

I guess I will have to settle with a cold shower this morning.

After my very long shower, I get out and get dressed and head downstairs.

I smell my mate a mile away.

I walk in the kitchen, seeing her at the table. She looks up with a smile.

"Hey, babe." I say and give her a kiss on the cheek. I walk to the fridge and take a few things and start cooking. After a few minutes, I look up at my mate.

"What you looking at, my little Rose?"

She looks up with innocent eyes that I know all to well. 

"The adoption website," She says and gets up. She puts her dishes in the sink, and then wraps her arms around me. I growl in pleasure. She leans against my back.

"What's your plans for today?" She asks me.

"Well, I don't really have any. Krit is taking care of somethings so I don't have too. You have me all day babe." 

"Oh, great." She says in an annoyed tone. I chuckle.

The door bell rings and Carter goes to get it. A few minute later, my mom and Cater come back into the kitchen.