Home

"Ladies and gentlemen, the plane will be landing shortly." a voice says through out the plane. I watch out window I see lights in the distance.

I hear soft breathing noises coming from the person next to me. I look over and see a sleeping Axel next to me.

My wolf: Now that, that shit's cute. 

Yeah, you're right on that one. Sometimes, I think all of this is some sick joke or a dream. I'm waiting to wake up.'

My wolf: Well, I don't think that is true. But if by some chance it is, let's live it up.

I look back at Axel and watch him breath deeply in and out, in and out.

"Why do you have to be so perfect?" I whisper, looking at him.

I mentally picture Axel saying "Because I am you mate." I smile at the thought.

Axel stirs and soon, his eyes open.

"Hey," he says in a husky voice. I hold back the moan.

"Good morning Sunshine," I say with a smile. 

He stretches a little and I see the bottom of his shirt lift up. I resist the urge, to stick my hands down there and feel his warm sick against mine. Unfortunately, he pulls down his shirt. I frown slightly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks me. 

I snap out of my trance. "Uh, nothing." I put my hand over my mouth. I feel my rosey cheeks. He smirks at me. I quickly look back out the window.

"Where are we?" Axel asks.

"Almost there. I think we're gonna land in about 15 minutes."

"Thank god. I'm starving."

"You know there's food we could order." I point out. 

His noes wrinkles up in distaste. "Airplane food? Even dogs wouldn't eat airplane food, and dogs eat everything." 

"Hey don't talk about Krit that way!" I tease. He covers his mouth with his hand, muffling his laughter.  

"Krit does eat a lot." 

"His poor mother. She probably was constantly in the kitchen." I joke. 

"Uh, actually...Krit's mother died in a rouge attack when he was young. It's been just him and his dad ever since." 

I'm shocked. "Oh goodness. I'm so sorry." I say. 

He puts a hand on my thigh, sparks erupting as he does. "It's okay. Krit is a very interesting kid and he's a great Beta. Don't stress about it. He doesn't mind talking about." 

I nod my head. We are silent for the rest of our flight. Just as I predicted, the flight was over shortly. We are one of the firsts to get off when the plane is ready to unload. We head to the baggage claim. 

"Your brother is picking us up." Axel says as we grab our bags after a few moments of waiting. 

I nod my head. I silently follow him to the parking lot. We make it outside, and find my brother standing outside a black car. He smiles when he sees us, waving. I wave back with a smile on my face. Rucker addressed my mate first. 

"Hey," he says. "It's nice to see you again, your Highness." my brother says to Axel.

Axel chuckles, "You don't have to call me that. Just call me Axel."

My brother nods. "Carter! It's nice to you see. We have all missed you."

I hug my brother. I wasn't gone for that long, but yet it was long enough. I've never been away from my brother. "I missed you too!" 

"How was your trip?" Rucker asks, as we load our bags in the trunk.

"It was..." I glance over at Axel and remember all memories we made at the cabin. I start to blush. Rucker clears his throat, and my head snaps back to look at him. I chuckle. "It was very relaxing. Nice to have a vacation for once." 

Axel nods in agreement. "I don't get out of the palace much anymore. Well, never really had." 

We all load into the car, and Rucker starts towards the pack. 

"How's the pack been?"

"Really good. Jackson missed you like crazy, he moped around for days after you left. We could barely get him out of bed!" 

"That sounds like my Jackson." 

Axel growls quietly next to me. I reach over and grab his hand. He takes it and squeezes it immediately. I roll my eyes with a smile.   

"Jasmine and I have been really stressed out and busy with funeral arrangements." All the playfulness that was in his voice, now gone. "Poor Junior has been with a lot of sitters the past few days." 

"Well after all of this is over, how about Axel and I watch Junior for the night. You and Jasmine can have a much needed date night." 

"You'd do that?" Rucker asks, looking at us through the rear-view mirror. I smile and nod. "I knew you were my favorite sister!" 

I laugh. "Rucker, I'm your only sister." 

Rucker joins in laughing. "Oh I suppose you're right." 

It isn't long before I fall asleep. When I wake up, I'm home.