Get Me Out Of Here!

I yawn as I get ready for bed. I brush my teeth and head to bed. I pull back the covers and climb inside. Something that I find myself doing a lot often. 

As I drift off into sleep, something burst through my door. I quickly turn around in bed and at the person. The bright hallway lights are blind, causing me to throw a hand up to my eyes. As my eyes adjust, I notice a man standing my doorway. 

"Who are you? What do you want?" I yell at the dark figure. 

"Shh, Carter. It's me, my Rose!" my favorite voice says. He walks closer to me, and his wonderful scent fills the room. 

"Axel?" I croak, I'm almost to tears. He steps closer to me, and I start to see him face. I smile and jump out of bed. I run over to him and hop into his arms. He wraps me in a tight hug.

"Are you really here? Wait! Don't answer that! I love you so much." I say. He chuckles.

"I love you too!" he whispers into my hair. Someone runs into the room. I pull back, and look over Axel shoulder. A man stands there.

"Your highness, we have to leave. Now."

"Okay," Axel says and the man leaves the room. Axel looks at me. "We have to leave."

"Okay, but before we leave, I need to tell you something."

"Can it wait? My Rose, we have to leave now."

"No! It can't!"

He looks at me oddly. "Okay, but make it quick." he says. I back away from him and look at him in the eye.

"Axel, I can't just leav-"

"These monsters kidnapped you!" His voice filling with rage and I can sense that his wolf is near front. 

"Yes, but-"

"NO! There's no but. These monsters did a horrible thing to the Princess! They aren't going to get away with it. They will pay."

"But they are my family! They are my family." I say. Axel just looks at me.

"What?" he breaths out.

"They are my real family. My parents. I was kidnapped when I was little, by my 'parents' that just died. They were never my real parents. That's why they didn't care about me. They kidnapped me, they aren't my family, and Rucker isn'-" I say and realize that everything that happened between me and Rucker were a lie. We weren't siblings. Did he know? Was it all an act? It...it can't be. 

"Rucker..."

Axel wraps me in a big hug again. "Shh, it's okay." he says when i say. "It's going to be okay. I'm here now."

"Axel, my whole life is a lie. Everything that I thought I knew, was just one big lie. My 'parents' kept everything from me."

"No, it's not. You are not a lie. Our life together can never compare to any other." he whispers sweetly into my ear. 

"Are you even real?" I ask. 

He chuckles deeply. "Of course I'm real! And I'm never letting you go. You're mine forever." 

"What the hell are you doing with my daughter?" a voice threatens. 

I pull out of Axel's arms. "Dad?" 

"Don't sound so surprised. I'm not just going to let him dance right in here, and sweep away my daughter." 

"He's my mate." I tell him. 

"I don't give a S***! He attacked my pack. My members are suffering because of him." 

"I'm sure there's some reasonable explanation. We all just need to calm down here and think rationally." I explain.  

Tim starts in again but Kate is quick to stop him. 

"Tim. That's enough. You have no right to keep your daughter from her mate, it's against the pack law. What we did was wrong. Prince Axel was doing everything he could to get to his mate. You should be grateful that your daughter has such a caring mate." Kate says, she has a hand on his arm. He visually starts to calm down. 

"Call off your pack now." Axel tells him. "Now." Tim's eyes glaze over, he's mind linking his pack. 

"Well," Kate claps her hands together. "Now that, that's all over with. Would anyone care for a cup of coffee?" 

As we all calm down and relax, all hell breaks loose. In a moment, 2 men take hold of my parents and slit their throats. Both of them drowning in a pool of their own blood. A blood curdling scream rips from my throat. 

I fall to my knees, as tears start to cloud my vision. I don't know how long it is until I'm being pulled to my feet. 

"Come on, we've got to go." Axel starts to pull me towards the door, over my dead parents. 

"I can't just leave them," I struggle away from him. He catches me and holds me with ease. 

"Forget about them, they never loved you Carter. They don't even know you!" I push away from Axel. 

"How...how can you say that Axel?" I say, and wipe away the tears running down my cheeks. 

"You're mine now, no one else's. Just mine."