What's Next?

The next morning I wake up in pure bliss. Last night was amazing. Axel finally marked me. It was such a special moment. Thought the event might seem like something so little, it was so much more than that. It was two mates finally coming together and bonding as one. I think that it was special and exactly how I wanted it to happen. 

It's truly is the best experience yet.

I woke up and stretched my arms and legs out like normal, expecting to hit Axel like I've done so in the past but Axel wasn't there this time. Nothing was there actually. 

I sit up on my elbows some more, and see that it's just me in the bed.

No Axel. A frown starts to form on my face. I hope this doesn't become a habit. 

"Babe?" I call out. Nothing, no response. I sit up fully in the bed and see a note on Axel's pillow.

Good morning, Beautiful! I'm sorry I wasn't there to see your pretty little face wake up but my wolf was antsy. I went for a run, see you later my Rose. 

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Checking my phone, I see that it's almost noon.

My eyes widen. I never sleep this late! It also makes my mind wonder just how long Axel has been gone for. Heading for the door of the bathroom, to leave, I quickly check my appearance in the mirror. Something that I'm so used to doing before leaving. But this time, I didn't leave as fast as normal. This time, something caught my attention. Rightfully so too. 

It's my mark, or well Axel's should I say. It's a symbol of our bond. It's beautiful, 2 wolf heads wrapped up in each other.

I run my fingers over it to make sure it's real.

"Perfect," I find myself saying.

I finish getting ready for the day and then head out to the kitchen. Deciding on pancakes for breakfast, if I can find the ingredients. 

To my surprise, there was plenty of food stocked in the cabinets. Axel must of went before he went on a run.

I'm in the middle cutting fresh fruit when Axel comes in with no shirt on.

"Hey Baby. How was your run?" I ask him, cutting some pineapple.

Axel is angry at something, and I intend to find out what.

"Fine," He snaps at me. "I'm going to take a shower," He tells me and then turns and starts to walk towards the bedroom.

I debate for a minute if I should go after him or not. I desire to have open communication in all of my relationships and this is expectation. So after a moment or two, my mind is made up. I put the knife on the counter and walk after him.

"What's wrong Axel?" I ask him.

"Nothing, I'm fine." He tells me but it sure isn't convincing. 

I grab his arm and force him to look at me. "We both know that's not true. Axel, I am your mate. You marked me remember? Please just tell me what's brothering you." I tell him.

He sighs but doesn't make eye contact with me. "I need to talk to you about something..." he trails off.

"Okay? I'm all ears," I tell him.

He removes my hand from his arm with ease. "Not now my Rose. It's not the right time. Later, after dinner tonight. How about we have dinner, go for a swim and then I'll talk to you about it okay? Sound good?"