Waking Up Is The Hard Part

Have you ever had to go under laughing gas and anesthesia? The nurses come in first and prep you for your upcoming surgery. You're trying hard to be tough but in reality, you just just want to get out of there. 

The path to falling asleep is both terrifying and quick at the same time.  First the iv, then the laughing gas and finally you're gone. You feel like you're asleep for a long time but in reality it might of not been that long at all. But waking up...waking up is the hard part. 

Everything is hazy. My body feels tingles, and my brain is cloudy. I'm really confused. 

------

"Babe?" I hear Axel call through the house. 

"In here!" I yell back. A few seconds later I see Axel appear with our son in his arms. 

"There's mommy." He coos to our son. I smile at them. 

"What did you need?" 

"Nothing, just wanted to see my beautiful wife." 

"Oh, I don't think she's here." I joke with a smile on my face. Axel chuckles. I reach out my arms for our son, Axel hands him over. I cover his face in kiss. "Who's my little boy? Huh? You are my little munchkin." 

"How come you don't talk that sweet to me?" Axel pouts, now sitting on the stool. 

"Because there's only one spot in my life for my baby, and I call him munchkin." 

"Okay, fine. I guess I'll go cry in my room." he says and slowly gets off his chair and heads for our room. I start laughing, and he stops and smiles at me before coming back. He comes around the counter and takes back our son. 

"So, did you talk to your parents?" I ask. 

"Yeah, mom is coming over Sunday." 

"What about your dad?" I question him. 

"I didn't call him." 

"Axel." I warn. 

"What? I don't want him in my house after what he did!" Axel yells and makes the baby start crying. I glare at him. He doesn't look back at me. 

"He deserves to know his own grandson." 

"He deserves nothing."  Axel spits. I give him a disappointed look. 

"Axel please make our son stop crying." I say and Axel realizes that he is still crying. 

"Shh, it's okay buddy." he says and hugs him to his chest.  I can't help but smile at them. Axel is such a great father much better than his own. 

"Is it time for someones nap?" I ask. My son shakes his head no. "Oh, come on. I will read you a story!" 

"Da!" He says meaning dad. Axel smiles with pride. He looks over at me. "We did good." 

"Yes, we did." I say and Axel walk off to read to our son. I turn and go back to what I was doing, but I can't remember. I find myself staring off into woods...

-------

"Are we almost there?" a male voice asks. I can't see anything. All I see is darkness. 

"Dude! You know the way to our house, figure it out yourself." another voice says. 

"Sorry, I'm just sick of hauling around the bimbo back there." 

"Quiet! She is our Alpha's daughter. Don't disrespect her again. Besides, rumor has it, she is the future Queen Luna." 

"Shenanigans! I call Shenanigans." (Shh-nan-a-gins) the guy says again. "That's not true and you know it." 

"How would you know? Besides it's just a rumor, I never said it was true." 

"Whatever. I'm going back to sleep." the first guys say and a few minutes later, I hear snoring. 

What is going on?

I sit in the silence for what seems like forever. I'm too afraid to say anything. I don't know these people at all and their psychic story about my "real dad" isn't adding up either. I knew who my dad was and it wasn't that long ago he was being lowered into the ground. 

I am watching my breath, trying not to make it obvious that I've woken up. The ridiculous snoring is a good cover. Annoying, but a good cover. 

"Dude, wake up. We're here." 

"Uh? Oh, finally!" the second guy says after he's snapped too. 

"You get the girl, I'm going to let the Alpha know we are here." 

"Okay," the guy says as the car comes to a stop. I hear both of them get out of the car, and the doors slam. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. The fabric over my eyes is soaked at this point. A door opens again and I feel arms clamp onto mine. I start to scream. 

"Shut up!" The man screams in my ear. A hand covers my mouth, and muffles my cry. More tears stream down my cheeks. 

I bite down on his hand, and he pulls back. "Ouch! You little-"

"What's going on here?" a new voice questions. 

The man that is holding me suddenly feels really distant. "Alpha forgive me."

"Forgive you for mistreated a girl, much less my own daughter?" the Alpha says, I hear anger building in the deep voice. 

"I'm sorry, I'm ready to accept any kind of punishment." 

"Go! I don't want to see your face anymore." he says and I feel the guy let go of me. He runs off, or I presume that is what he does.  

"My child, what have they done you." A soothing voice says. I feel a touch on my arm, and I flinch away. "There's no need to be scared you are safe here." 

"Help." I whisper. I try to get my hands free, but they are bond up with something. 

He walks to my back and starts doing something. The next thing I know, I can see again. I see a huge house in front of me, it's dark out. We are surrounded by woods. 

"What going on?" I ask. 

"My child, you are home." the man says and comes into sight. I stumble back against the car I just came out off. My back to the hatch. Shock is the only emotion that comes to mine. 

The man standing in front of me looks so familiar. But I know I haven't met him before...He looks so much like me. 

"Impossible."  

"I'm sure that you have a lot of questions." He begins, trying to take step closer but with my sudden flinch, he retracts his step. 

"You got that right." I say. 

"I see you developed my sense of humor." He chuckles to himself. 

"What are you taking about?" 

"Come, let's get you settled in. We will talk in the morning." he says and leads me into the house.