Thinking About Carter

Axel ~

I must admit, Carter did have a great plan. But when I agreed to it, I never thought about how long we would have to stay apart from one another. This is pure torture. 

I love Carter. She's my everything. But she doesn't always think over everything. I digress, I guess I didn't think about it either. 

I sigh, going to bed alone for the first time in a long time. Over the past few months, I have gotten use to having Carter, my little rose, in my life.

I lay down and my thoughts are consumed by her. She's amazing. I can't think of anyone else I want to spend my life with. I can't believe that I had to go 24 of my laugh not knowing her. I don't think forever would ever make up for that time without her. 

I still can't believe that my family would do this to us. Bring us on a trip, and try convincing us to get married or move onto the next stage of our relationship. As if we needed help. This is something Carter and I have talked about in the past few months. We want to get married and have kids, but now isn't the time. Well, that's what she thinks, if it was up to me, we would be already expecting our first child. But Carter wants to wait, and I respect that. It's what any mate should do. 

"What?" I ask, the person comes in. It's my mother.

"Can I help you mother?" I ask her. 

She comes over and sits on my bed. "I want to talk," She responds.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"I'm sure we can find something."

"Well I don't want to talk. I want to sleep, and that's what I'm going to do." I say and pull the sheets up, but the next thing I know, she is pulling them off of me.

"MOM!" I yell. She has a stern look on her face, when I turn on the lights.

"Axel, what is going on with you and Carter?"

"We're fighting." I lie. I hold my breath seeing if she bites the bait or not. I don't think I've ever lied to my parents. 

"It doesn't sound like fighting. It sounds like she rejected you."

"Yeah, she did. Maybe we aren't meant to be." I say, looking down at the floor.

"What are you talking about? Your mates, of course you're meant to be together. The Moon Goddess doesn't make mistakes."

"I know, but we just aren't working."

"Or maybe you aren't working. Are you giving her everything she wants and needs? Are you giving her pressure?"

"MOM! We aren't talking about that."

"Well are you?"

"Yes, of course. But she doesn't want me too."

"And why is that?"

"I don't know." I tell her. I feel guilty for lying to my mom. Of course everything I'm saying isn't true. We have sex all the time, well when we have time. I've been busy with the pack. I try to make time for her. Maybe tricking our family is for the better, we can work through our problems.

"I don't know what to tell you Axel. I love you, and Carter. You guys are so good for each other, and the pack. Please try to work it out."

"I'll try. Can you please leave my alone? I want to sleep."

She leans over and kisses my forehead. "Of course."

After she leaves, I shut off the lights and try once again to fall asleep.

I love you

My Rose, are you safe? I love you too. Please tell me where you are!

I am near by and I am safe. No need to worry. Is the plan working? 

Yes, it's working all right. Too well I'd say. I miss you, please come back soon. 

And with that, I'm off to sleep.