Wipe My Tears Away

"Hey, Carter wake up. We're here!" a voice says. I wake up and look out the window. I see Axel's house.

I smile at the thought of being home, but then I'm pained with thought of leaving my family.

"Does he know I'm coming home?" I ask, looking over at my brother. He shakes his head no. "Why didn't you tell them?"

"Because I didn't want to get his hopes up. This past week has been pure hell for him Carter. I would never do that to a man that has lost his mate." He says.

I look over at my brother and nod in understanding. I understand why he did it, I wouldn't want Axel to hurt anymore than he already has. I reach for the door handle, but don't open it.

"What's wrong?" My brother asked me.

"I haven't thanked you for coming to get me. It means a lot to me. After everything that has happened lately, it's reassuring to know that I'll always have someone there for me." 

"You're my sister. Blood or not. I'll always be there for you, as you would be there for me. Now, go on. You've got one anxious mate on your hands...as do I." 

I chuckle. I turn back to the door, and open it. It's dark outside, and the lights from Axel's office glow. I watch the house. My brother sees me.

"Go to him," he says and that's what I do. I go to my mate. I walk into the house, and almost head to our bedroom, but I know Axel to well. He won't sleep until I am found. I turn on my heels and quietly head to his office. I would of been lost if it wasn't for Axel's brief tour when I was here last. 

I get to the door, and look through the crack in the door. He sits at his desk, looking at something. It's looks as if he hasn't slept in days. Which I'm sure he hasn't.

Sleep isn't as important to werewolves, but we still need it. We can only last a few days without sleep.

I watch him silently. He just continues to go through papers. He gets a phone call. He puts it on speaker.

"Yes,"

"Alpha, we have a report on your Luna."

Axel cheers up a little. "Yes! Any news?"

"A little, we found her scent heading this way, towards your house."

He smiles. "Really? Anything else."

"Not at the time. But we are still working on it."

"Okay, thank you Taylor." He says and hangs up. He lets out a sigh.

After a minute or so, he looks up. "Please moongodess, bring her back to me." he whispers.

"I have a feeling that the Moon Goddess has already fulfill your prayer." I say and walk into the room. His head snaps and look at me. He's eyes go wide.

"You're here." He whisper. He breaks into a smile and jumps up, wrapping me in a tight hug. He breaths in my scent. "You're actually here. I can't believe it. She brought you back to me." he says. "I will never let that happen again. You are mine."

I snuggle deeper into his chest. "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too, Carter." he says.

I look up at him, in his eyes. He looks down on me. "What happen to you?" he asks me. I pull him over to the couch, and we sit down. He pulls me into his chest. I kiss him. He kisses me back.

"As you know, I went into the woods to get free from my thoughts, and when I was there, I was kidnapped."

He growls. I draw circles on his chest, to calm him down.

I continue to tell him everything. About how my parent's kidnapped me. How they told me the story of their rivalry. Everything. Looking back on it all, it all seems like some unrealistic dream but the anxiety and the look on my drained mate's face tells me that it was real. 

"I wish they didn't have to take you away from me. These past few days, have been horrible. I didn't know where you were. My heart broke when we could find you. My dad was a d*** and said that you ran away. I lost it. I couldn't control my anger anymore..." Axel grows quiet for a while. I can tell he's fighting a hard internal battle. I pull his face towards me. 

"Axel, you can tell me anything. I love you no matter what..." 

He pauses for a few more beats. "I challenged him. Well my wolf did. I like to believe that I have a little more self control than my wolf does but regardless that is what happened." He says. 

Challenging is very common especially in the Royal Pack. It's a fair chance to challenge someone in a position that you feel they don't deserve. It's a physical fight to the death. So Axel is here, alive and well, then that only means one thing. The king is dead. 

Axel has a hard, unreadable expression on his face. I know there is something that he wants to say but maybe he is struggling to find the words. 

"We all have our own demons to face. But you're in luck, I'll be with you through it all. I love you okay?" he nods his head. I kiss his cheek. 

He rest his forehead against mine.

"I love you so much." he whispers. "I'm so sorry that you got taken from me. Carter, I can never forgive myself for being so stupid." 

I turn back to Axel and try to calm him once again. His eyes meet mine. "Axel, can we go to bed? You look exhausted. How much have you slept since I've been gone?" I ask.

"I can't remember. I couldn't sleep without you."

"Okay, we are going to bed." I say and pull him off the couch. He chuckles at my efforts to pull him up on my own. In the end, he had to help me slightly...very slightly. We head up to our room, and get ready for bed. I slip on one of his shirts, as he strips down to his boxers. He gets in and I get in after him. He wraps an arms around me. We shut off the light.

"I'm never going to let that happen to you again."

"I know. But this time it was a good ending and nothing bad happened to me."

"Doesn't matter. It might have been a good thing now, but we don't know next time. And there won't be a next time." he says. He kisses the back of my head.

I sigh, and start to remember the feel of his touch. "I hope this isn't a dream." I whisper to myself before falling asleep.