Small Step For Me, Big Step For Axel

I knock on Axel's office door.

"Come in." He says, I open the door and see my amazing mate.

Things have been amazing since we got back from the Cayman Islands. When we got back, we explained everything to our families. They were mad at first, but they got the point to stay out of our personal lives.

Axel and I being apart, just made us closer, we understood each other better. When Axel was away from me, he realized what it's like for me everyday. I was always stuck alone at the house, and waiting for him to come home, and even then I didn't always get to spend time with him before bed. He told me he was sorry for the way he was acting and that he wanted to try to be better and he is. 

Every morning before he leaves for work, he comes and kisses me good-bye. Then he goes off to work. I usually finish doing stuff around the house, sometimes I go out with friends, but every night he comes home early, and goes to his office until supper is done, and then he dedicates the rest of the night to spend time with him, doing the activity of my choice. 

It's nice to have my mate back. I like it. I knew it wasn't going to be easy being mated to the Alpha King, but it turned out alright so far.

Axel looks up as I come in.

"Hey babe. Supper ready?" He asks.

"Yep." I say and nod my head. He gets up and gives me a kiss before following me to the dinning room. Tonight, I made homemade mac & cheese with garlic bread on the side.

"Looks good!" He says and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks." We sit down, and eat our dinner. About have way through a finally get up the nerve to tell him.

"I'm sure you have figured out by now, that there's something going on with me." I say and he nods. "I have something to tell you."

He looks at me, waiting.

"I understand that you want kids, and I'm so very grateful that your willing to wait for me!" I say and smile at him. I reach over and take his hand. "I love you Axel and I've been thinking about this for some time. I didn't want to keep things from you but I wanted to be sure and right about my decision before I came to you about this." I pause for a second and catch my breath. "I think that I'm ready for kids and I'm very excited about." I say and his face lights up. He's about to say something, but I stop him. He looks confused.

"But I want to start slow. I don't know, maybe get a dog or something? I've always wanted a dog." I say.

He looks as if he's deep in thought, as time goes on, I grow nervous.

"What it comes down to is, that I love you and I would do anything for you. I am glad that you took the time you need to figure all of this out. I know it's not a easy decision to make. I understand taking it slow and I respect that. I think your feelings are valid and I am more than willing to support you on this. I think that getting a dog would be a great first step to take together." Axel says and I can practically feel the love radiating off of him. 

I hug him. "Thank you for understanding. I love you so much."