|07|

A U R O R A

"Hi."

"You seem happy." I say. "What's up?"

"Im back on the racing team."

My eyes widen. "Really?"

Milo nods, his eyes wide and bright. "I just wanted to say thank you."

My eyebrows raise. "Milo saying thank you? I don't believe it."

He rolls his eyes. "But I still need you to tutor me."

"Obviously."

"I got this for you." He says, handing me two tickets. "I have a race tomorrow night and you can come if you want. Coach had a few left so he gave me."

"I'll see." I say. "Thank you."

"Yeah, whatever." He shrugs. "Bye."

As soon as he's gone, Xavier slides up in the seat next to me. "He begged coach to give him these by the way."

I frown, looking back at Milo who's now talking to another girl. "He did?"

"Mhm." Xavier says. "So, I better see you there."

"I will."

☆☆☆

"God, that's a lot of people." Bruna mutters, sitting down.

"Atleast we got food." Wills shrug.

I ended up giving the extra ticket to Bruna since Will already had one.

"So, you never really did tell me what the hell was happening between you and Milo."

"Honestly? I think we're friends now."

"Its good though, that you're both getting along. Atleast you're not on his bad side."

"Yeah."

The announcer speaks throwing the speaker and before you know it, the cars were flying down the street. Xavier's car was the red one, Aarush's was white and Milo was the black one. And so far, a yellow car was on the lead.

Milo stayed behind at the back completely but he wasn't far. These racers were good.

"Milo's trick is to stay at the back. It makes the racers relax a bit more but then at the end he'd go as fast as lighting and wins." Bruna explains.

The first lap is complete and the fans start cheering loudly. A few laps after, they stop, change wheels and they're back to driving. It repeats for a while until the last lap.

Milo wasn't at the back anymore, he was more on the front because it seems like the others had given up. Xavier was upfront so far. A few miles away from the finish line, Milo's car started going faster, flying left and right past the cars and making all kinds of turns possible and went right past the finish line.

The crowd went screaming and yelling. Xavier's car went after and then it was a yellow car.

Aarush came 4th.